It's Electric!

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: It's Electric!

Post by Old Grinner »

Harley dealer talks about a Harley competitor...?
Hmmm first few minutes were enough for me.
I already know I will never buy a Harley Livewire, the current choice is between a Zero and an RE 650 Interceptor.
Yeah . . . the Harley LiveWire is a little too rich for my taste.

As the video progresses the presenter describes the charging systems of both machines and the different characteristics. He also gets into speed/range comparisons and charging times.

Comparing the Zero and LiveWire to a Nissan Leaf and Tesla is attention getting . . ..

TBH I think it will be interesting to observe over the next decade where energy efficiency and the need to fend off further global warming takes us. How high will the oceans have to rise, how adversely will food production be effected, and how bad will the weather have to get? :roll:

Hopefully environmentally friendly power generation plants are already being scheduled to for construction. To get off fossil fuels and get onto something else will take some doing.

There was such a big interest in "Earth Day" at one time. What happened?

In the mean time we rock into a new age and a new way of thinking . . .. 8)

relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

The song was from the original soundtrack-Hair-and I had lots of it back then.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Don't know if this is for real or not: https://electrek.co/2019/06/16/tacita-a ... torcycles/

Having gears is interesting. I can't help but think it should help with range to have what amounts to an overdrive for cruising along when you don't really need that instant acceleration and torque that electrics are always touting.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Poohstyx
Year: 2012
Color: White

Post by Poohstyx »

I'm current watching and waiting for something suitable to be released.

The zero is far too expensive (£10,000-20,000).
Most of the others are too slow and too short ranged.

Best option I've seen so far is the latest one from Urban (top speed of 58mph, range of 60 miles & cost of £4,000-£5,500).

Most of the industry is waiting for the next level of battery technology that is meant to be coming out early next year and should double the range.

For clarification, my minimum requirements are 65mph, 200 mile range & a price below £6,000.
Over the hill and picking up speed on the long downhill unto death.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I would settle for 90mph and 90 mile range at 60-75mph
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

This is more than a bit clunky, but kind of interesting: https://electrek.co/2019/08/28/blacksmi ... er-75-mph/
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

This is more than a bit clunky, but kind of interesting: https://electrek.co/2019/08/28/blacksmi ... er-75-mph/
It looks good . . .. 8)

Good power, speed, OK range but ample for around town or city for sure. :D

Harley should be making something like that . . . reintroduce it as the "Topper" again . . . and charge less than $8K for it. It's got a lot less bulk than a golf cart. I think it would appeal to a broader market than the "Livewire" which costs $30K. But then again what do I know. :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I really like the styling on the ZEV scooters, but the price for such a short distance is a bit high. Their largest one (LRC 15) reminds me of the Burgman. The specs say that at 55 mph its max distance is 185 miles. The cost is close to $16K, which is quite a bit higher than a Burgman 400. The big question then would be how long does it take to recharge. I covered 300 miles in a day out on my Burgman.

Their S series reminds me of my PCX, but the range is still too limited. It is going to take a bit more research before the electric scooters can compete against the gas powered ones.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers