Quiet-Exhaust Recommendations Anyone?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Quiet-Exhaust Recommendations Anyone?

Post by mikelx5 »

actually the note will change but becuase you will be at a constantly higher rpm
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Honda4me

Post by Honda4me »

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Bollocks.
People with unpleasantly loud bikes are just inconsiderate ignorant cunts.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

my pipe saved my life tonight so :p
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

Wow, someone has set a new low for this hondapcx forum. Time to leave this forum and never visit again. The negativity and personal attacks... Over what people do to their transport vehicle ..... Nice talking to the civilised people here. Best wishes to everyone. Bye.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

SmellyTofu wrote:Wow, someone has set a new low for this hondapcx forum. Time to leave this forum and never visit again. The negativity and personal attacks... Over what people do to their transport vehicle ..... Nice talking to the civilised people here. Best wishes to everyone. Bye.
Yes it is a shame.... :roll: with no real genuine PCX expertise input ever added on this forum except general two wheel diarrhoea gibberish and sarcastic comebacks on anyone who tries to customise their own bike with their own money,yet still gets to linger around all this time and keep dropping his smelly farts on every topic is beyond many of us. I guess if you donate funds you get to stick around....money buys privileges. :o
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Bollocks.
People with unpleasantly loud bikes are just inconsiderate ignorant cunts.

Wouldn't have put it that way but agree absolutely

Cry in the breast milk...
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Gn2 are you drinking while you're posting again? That was really uncalled for.
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

You people are too serious. Read GN's comment with a scotch accent and it doesn't sound offensive.
Frankly, loud pipes are more far offensive than GN's comments. See, his comments can only offend those who choose to read them... and then choose to be offended.
Loud pipes disturb entire neighbourhoods and the victims have no choice but to be disturbed.

Also, if one wants to discuss performance mods, it should be done in the performance section where criticism of performance mods is forbidden/discouraged.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

wingz wrote:You people are too serious. Read GN's comment with a scotch accent and it doesn't sound offensive.
Frankly, loud pipes are more far offensive than GN's comments. See, his comments can only offend those who choose to read them... and then choose to be offended.
Loud pipes disturb entire neighbourhoods and the victims have no choice but to be disturbed.

Also, if one wants to discuss performance mods, it should be done in the performance section where criticism of performance mods is forbidden/discouraged.
Aye... :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

wingz wrote: Loud pipes disturb entire neighbourhoods and the victims have no choice but to be disturbed.
Exactly.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Gn2 what is your profile picture a picture of? Something under a microscope?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Its a human ear.
Front cover from the album Meddle by Pink Floyd.
Honda4me

Post by Honda4me »

If I wanted to listen to a bunch of "obnoxious ignorant cunts" as you put it (forum benefactor!!!????) I'd have bought a Hardley Ableson and a set of leather chaps.

If you don't get moderately aroused at the sound of a Ducati twin or and older Kawasaki 4 with open pipes ridden well on the open road then you should just pack it all in a get a car you miserable, petty and ignorant cunt.

Go eat lettuce and sip herbal tea.

Say that in whatever dialect you like.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Read the full post.
"Unpleasantly loud"
Old ujm can never sound pleasant, neither can a Harley.
I've had cars for decades, have owned all sorts of bikes including a Ducati and yes I am a miserable cunt.
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

Pcxdemon wrote:
SmellyTofu wrote: I guess if you donate funds you get to stick around....money buys privileges. :o
^
this

I see it on multiple forums

just deal with it
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

i also hate loud pipes. safe riding technique and the appropriate use of the horn are far more effective than obnoxious loud pipes which bring far too much ill will towards two wheelers from the non bike riding public!
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

In the Midwest USA, when I'm riding the pcx for my main transportation I have to pay attention. At least twice every day I almost get hit or have someone pull out infront of me. That being said, do I ride aggressively? At times I do, however on back roads or roads that aren't busy. I have several roads I venture down for casual rides where I average seeing one car per mile. For the majority of my riding however I find people are either ignorant of their surroundings and don't look before they merge or change lanes, are busy on their cell phones, or have the mindset that all motorcycles yield to them. I ride as if I'm invisible and paranoid. I find that is the way to stay alive. Loud pipes where I live, obnoxiously loud, allow you to hit the throttle and snap someone out of a daze where as a horn does nothing to them. There are too many people here with riced out econoboxes that a loud exhaust is just part of the background noise. I watched a cbr with open pipes almost get squashed a month ago. He was two car lengths ahead I me and might as well have been invisible. We were on a Main Street two lanes each way traveling a steady 35 mph. That being said I don't have a very loud exhaust myself.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Mgalutia88 wrote:In the Midwest USA, when I'm riding the pcx for my main transportation I have to pay attention.
Its the same everywhere.
The best safety device is to be found between your ears.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Agreed. Especially when paired fully with your five senses.