FORZA VIBRATION ISSUE: update - help needed

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MORON
Regular User
Regular User

FORZA VIBRATION ISSUE: update - help needed

Post by MORON »

If fellow forza owners wouldn't mind, I would like to get as many statements saying that you have not experienced any unusual vibration issues at 65 mph and above...I am meeting with Honda Tech Wednesday and Honda may attempt to say that my vibration issue is "normal". I want to be prepared with as many statements as possible from you guys saying you have not had my particular vibration issue. My trust in Roseville Honda has completely evaporated due to how they have handled this issue and in my mind it is more than feasible that they would dump this problem in my lap...Any comments are welcome...thanks to all forza owners.....
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Re: FORZA VIBRATION ISSUE: update - help needed

Post by MichRocks »

Boy, I wish I could help. I have only had it 65-75mph twice, and both times I was in heavy 18-wheeler truck traffic with strong head/side winds. I hadn't even noticed if the bike was vibrating- I was too busy trying to stay alive!

I hope you get this sorted out, it is no fun to buy something with such promise, and have it turn in disappointing results. :|
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I've noticed a slight buzzing vibration at 70 mph on the two Forzas I've ridden.
Nothing too alarming, less than you would expect from a single cylinder engine, certainly significantly less than a CBR250R for example.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

man I hope I'm not expecting too much..my pcx 150 had zero vibration even at max rpms.....I was expecting the same from the forza....for me this is really irritating.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MORON wrote:man I hope I'm not expecting too much..my pcx 150 had zero vibration even at max rpms.....I was expecting the same from the forza....for me this is really irritating.
It does have a bigger piston....
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

yes true you you. well maybe I just have to get used to it...I personally agree with Sendler who said it might be a belt issue....I keep you forza owners informed.....
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MORON wrote:yes true you you. well maybe I just have to get used to it...I personally agree with Sendler who said it might be a belt issue....I keep you forza owners informed.....

Fair enough
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

update....A Honda tech service rep came up from los angeles and noticed the issue. It was then authorized for a belt and clutch replacement as a part of warranty...I just received a call today saying that Honda has rescinded the authorization and Roseville Honda is "buttoning up" the bike and it will be ready for pick up....Question: is this the new america? I lived in the philippines for 13 years and you would expect this sort of scammy shit. Now I have to go to court....more later...Good luck Forza owners. Your truly on your own.
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

I'm sorry to hear this disappointing news. My dealer has always treated me right and I truly believe he would step up and fix the problem no matter what Honda did or didn't do. Hopefully yours will too after all is said and done.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I haven't had any such issues with my Forza. Good luck with everything.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

How much is a clutch and belt at cost price these days? It isn't even expensive at full retail price. Poor form Honda
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

Apparently the vibration issue as I am calling it is a subjective thing. Meaning I might be expecting too much from a 279cc motor. What I call a vibration, which I was worried about, might be a slight buzz and no big deal to a more experienced Honda rider. I have the my Forza back and am just learning adjust to it.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

I just took my new ride out for a 350 mile tour. It was COLD!!! Anywho, when I reached 65 mph, indicated, I felt a small buzz as you call it. I was wondering if that was what you were talking about. I wouldn't have noticed it except for ducking behind the wonderful new tall windshield and it was so quiet and warm. As you say, it is subjective, because if I hadn't read your posts, I would never have paid it attention. Having said that, it doesn't mean yours isn't worse than ours.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
Carl_09

Post by Carl_09 »

Nice post!
westgl

Post by westgl »

How many miles are on your bike and how many oil changes have been done to your bike.

I say this cause getting closer to the end of a oil change could cause you more vibration than a fresh oil change.

I assume you are using synthetic oil? if it is engine vibration and not body work, synthetic oil and more miles like 5k miles should smooth things out more.
13' NC700X 2k Miles
05' Honda 600 Silverwing 6258 Original Miles
05' Burgman 650 18k Miles
Forza 300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Forza 300 »

I drove yesterday for about 100 miles but the bike is new so haven't brought it over 50mph yet ,but the only thing that dissapointed me was the bike felt like I was going slower then what the speedo says so brought my gps along and wow the bikes reading 6 kph higher or about 4 mph higher then actual speed that's a lot out I know there a plus and minus tolerance but ! Once I get a few kilometers on the bike and vary the speed and load to break it in properly I will test it for the 65 mph vibration, fuel economy is good 32.7 kilometers per liter of fuel or around 91 mpg ( imperial gallon) oh old oil or new oil is not going to cause a vibration, another thing I thought I'd mention is I installed a honda top box bracket and it came with some heavier weights for the handlebar ends to smooth out handlebar vibrations and the only vibration I notice is at idle the top box vibrates like hell but once off idle to 50 mph it's great as I said didn't go over 50 mph so far .
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

well i have had it for a year now almost. the vibration is normal and many of us have it. i have read in other parts of the forum of others experiencing the same thing so I'm getting cool with it. I do not run synthetics although i do not anticipate much of a change. I took mine to a different dealer in another city and they compared mine to a new, unsold one which they gassed up and road. very cool of them. the vibration existed on the new one also. So I am satisfied at this point with the bike. its fast, feels comfortable for the most part and I like it. thanks for all that had input.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Closing in on 6000 miles on my Forza, rarely ride under 65 mph and still no vibration.
garrup

Post by garrup »

I'm wondering if those of us who DON'T notice vibration, are old riders with lots of miles of riding old bikes from the 60's and 70's under our belts. I mean, them singles and twins vibrated. And this new stuff is smooth.
My Forza......... its smooth. Try an old Triumph for comparison and you'll see what i mean.
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I'm on vacation this week so did a little more riding the last couple of days. Up to 1200 miles now, don't notice any vibration on mine.
I've only been riding for 5 or 6 years, all on scooters, and nothing bigger than the Forza.
I seem to recall someone saying there were some that had a vibration problem which turned out to be a problem with the rear tire, and Honda knew about it and replaced the faulty tires. Not sure if it's true but remember reading about it somewhere.