Doesn't like short breaks

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

gohjohan

Re: Doesn't like short breaks

Post by gohjohan »

wingz wrote:
gohjohan wrote:I got my PCX 150 7 days ago and after over 200km of riding, I decided to check the voltage of the battery for the fun of it. I got 12.61V or 12.62V, at most!
That is what it should be.
Mgalutia88 wrote:The battery is only 12V!!! Don't charge it for christs sake! An alternator on a car puts out between 12-15v. This is a scooter with a 12volt system.

If your having any trouble at all with no starts replace our battery. I left the key on for six hours the other day and forgot about it. When i came back I left the key off for 20 minutes and then it started up, maybe cranked 1.5 times as long as normal but no problems. I never use a charger and ride several times a week if that makes any difference.
Thank you. I feel better now, especially when it's meant to be like that.
binje
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Doesn't like short breaks

Post by binje »

Hello all. Just thought I would update you guys on how things went. Replaced the battery back in December as the old one was indeed on its way out. Didnt solve the problem. What I did manage to work out was, after turning the key and letting the guage do its bouncy business I would wait about a second or so and then push the starter which would work. However get the timing wrong and then I would have to wait 10 secs before trying again.

Decided to do a service and got all the bits off fleabay for £24. No complaints there. Did the service with a friend last week (first time working on 2 wheels so needed an old hand to guide me). Even though the plug wasnt due a change, had one in the service kit I bought so thought why not. Since then (touch wood) no issues. She starts up every time and has been:good since. No issues anymore so I am a ha:ppy boy :-)

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions. Really appreciated :-)
2011 Honda PCX 125