How did I live without it?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

binje
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

How did I live without it?

Post by binje »

Greetings all from sunny (well atleast today it is) Berkshire in the UK. I am the proud owner of an 2011 PCX for about a a month now. Till about 3 months ago I had never even considered 2 wheels but then I saw a guy selling a PCX at work. The first thing that grabbed me was the looks (never thought scooters looked that good) and the second was the mpg. I was astounded at the figures. Did a bit of digging around and read the reviews (and loitered on the forum here) and thought this is a no brainer. Part of the reason being my commute was costing me an arm, a leg and the hair on my head! So in short, within 2 months of first seeing what a PCX was, I had booked and done my CBT (which incidentally was the first time I ever rode a 2 wheeler with an engine!) found and bought my little gem. Do a 50 mile round trip a day and have to admit I am pretty close to the figures quoted. Think I manage around 125mpg.

All in all I have to say I cant believe how good this has been. Yes there are perils for someone who has only been riding for a few weeks but gotta say I am soooo loving it!
Attachments
01.jpg
01.jpg (43.55 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
2011 Honda PCX 125
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Re: How did I live without it?

Post by hatari »

welcome.......
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

binje wrote:... which incidentally was the first time I ever rode a 2 wheeler with an engine! ... Yes there are perils for someone who has only been riding for a few weeks but gotta say I am soooo loving it!
Welcome. Glad your 'lurking' was profitable.

I had never ridden a motorcycle prior to my PCX either, but learned how in the heart of Bangkok where the traffic is crazy at times, which is most of the time. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I noticed you had the kick stand down on gravel. Be careful. Sometimes you don't know what is under the gravel and your kick stand will start to sink as time goes by and you will come out to a bike that is on its side.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey binje! Cool, your 1st ride! Welcome to 2 wheel motor life! & of course to the forum(s) :P Good to read that you got your CBT "first" and now riding a PCX. Congrats!
I'm truly lovin' That Pearl White Color! ;) Don't let her drop on those rocks....ouch
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
binje
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by binje »

Thanks for the welcome messages people. Hopefully will be able to contribute here :)
kramnala58 wrote:I had never ridden a motorcycle prior to my PCX either, but learned how in the heart of Bangkok where the traffic is crazy at times, which is most of the time. ;)
Thanks man... I bet the traffic out there is on a different level of crazy than London...
Mel46 wrote:I noticed you had the kick stand down on gravel. Be careful. Sometimes you don't know what is under the gravel and your kick stand will start to sink as time goes by and you will come out to a bike that is on its side.
Wise words... I have to admit I cheated here a bit.. This is a picture the guy who sold it to me took... I havent taken any proper pictures yet... At home the PCX sits on the drive....
WhiteNoise wrote: I'm truly lovin' That Pearl White Color! ;) Don't let her drop on those rocks....ouch
Thanks bud. I wasnt convinced when I first saw the white but as I started searching and the more I saw the whites they grew on me to the extent I bought one... But yeah man... am absolutely loving 2 wheels!
2011 Honda PCX 125
Skyskovski

Post by Skyskovski »

:lol: welcome Binje, you will grow to love it!!! I too use to pay London underground an arm and a leg doing my 50 mile daily jouney, now I am enjoying the benefits of not being stock underground. :lol:
To be sure of hitting your target, shoot first and whatever you hit call it the target!!!!!!

dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Welcome!
prenders88

Post by prenders88 »

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your PCX and sticking two fingers up in the direction of Transport for London.
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

I wish mine was white. I have this grey which isn't bad but I've been a white person. I guess if I hate it that much, changing colours wouldn't be too hard.
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

Welcome man. That's a nice bike man. And it came with a windshield as well! Good one.

Like yourself, i fell in love with the bike the moment i saw and sat on it - in a shop in chelmsford....a few days after getting my CBT a few months back.

What i find about the white PCX is that it is one of those bikes that requires the rider to bring out its style. With the right gear, the whole thing, including the rider, would look like something out of Final Fantasy. Well, almost ;)

Love your enthusiasm. Have fun! :)
ff7-cloundfenrir.jpg
ff7-cloundfenrir.jpg (17.25 KiB) Viewed 1720 times
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
Stef-fm
Color: Grey

Post by Stef-fm »

binje wrote:Greetings all from sunny (well atleast today it is) Berkshire in the UK. I am the proud owner of an 2011 PCX for about a a month now. Till about 3 months ago I had never even considered 2 wheels but then I saw a guy selling a PCX at work. The first thing that grabbed me was the looks (never thought scooters looked that good) and the second was the mpg. I was astounded at the figures. Did a bit of digging around and read the reviews (and loitered on the forum here) and thought this is a no brainer. Part of the reason being my commute was costing me an arm, a leg and the hair on my head! So in short, within 2 months of first seeing what a PCX was, I had booked and done my CBT (which incidentally was the first time I ever rode a 2 wheeler with an engine!) found and bought my little gem. Do a 50 mile round trip a day and have to admit I am pretty close to the figures quoted. Think I manage around 125mpg.

All in all I have to say I cant believe how good this has been. Yes there are perils for someone who has only been riding for a few weeks but gotta say I am soooo loving it!
Welcome!
Ex Honda CBR 400, Yamaha F6 Fazer, Yamaha YZF R1, KTM XCW 250, BMW R1200R Adventure, Aprilia Capanord, BMW R1150R. Current BMW R1200GS Adventure and Honda PCX 150
binje
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by binje »

Thanks all for the kind words. It has been a hoot riding around. I am now going around telling my friends to get into it too. And yes not having to worry about transport for London is definitely a bonus :-)

Have to admit was not looking at white as a first choice in colour but it has definitely grown on me. 4 weeks in and I am absolutely loving it. Thanks again all.
2011 Honda PCX 125
Gossamer

Post by Gossamer »

Hi Binje, welcome to the Forum.
The PCX certainly grows on you. I've only had mine for just over 3 months now and loving it. I commute daily and it's a joy to ride, beats driving a car and being stuck in traffic. Installed a Givi top box which helps when I have to run the odd errand for the kids or wife. And it's fuel economy never ceases to amaze me. I dislike going to the Service Station to fill up; it's quite embarassing paying for 4-5 litres of petrol. I get the wife to fill up a 10L jerry can when she fills up the car and I fill up the PCX at home (10L lasts me 2-3 weeks). Most of my other friends ride motorcycles but only one has a Vespa scooter. Vespa and I think the others are missing out. Enjoy!