Rear shocks.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

geoinjb

Rear shocks.

Post by geoinjb »

Hi new here no pic yet. Just a regular 2013 PCX in Black. Does anyone have a good parts connection in Thailand? As some other people have mentioned the shipping can be quite high and seems to vary widely between stores. Im looking at getting a pair of YSS g-euro. Anyone have any experience with them vs. stock? Im 250 6'3" Think I need the xxl but hard to get a read on some of the Thai sites of which model comes in what size in relation to damping. Does anyone know the shock size is it 300mm or 310mm.

Maybe there is a lower cost quality alternative availible state side. I looked up YSS-usa very expensive locally.

Im planning on doing a Humpectomy on the seat, any suggestion on reinforcement in that area, I will be sitting there and I don't think some thin plastic would work for me.

Thanks a lot for any information
prenders88

Re: Rear shocks.

Post by prenders88 »

YSS Rear shocks, G Euro are about $125 here in Thailand supplied, a little more if you want the shop to fit them.
You problems start if you want to order from Thailand, most motorcycle shops here can't handle inquires, unless you speak Thai. Websites are poor with broken links, and general confusion, poor design. I fitted YSS GXL's a much improved ride. Shipping and tax will be a killer to the USA/UK.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I was pricing yss g euro shocks today actually. Biker it's is the cheapest around at about $200 shipped. Powerbypcx is another option, they are about $25 more. Check both sites for alternatives. My understanding is that the yss g euro is the ultimate shock for us. Bikerbitz stocks the xl shocks. You could inquire about the xxl shocks. The euro and the use are exactly equal right now so in the near future would be the time to buy. It just recently dropped from 1.3 usd:1 euro.
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

I have a little information on my YSS experience. I think they were an improvement for me, I encounter too many high speed-bumps in my village and elsewhere and the XXL shocks made a difference occasional rubs and scrapes.

The link below is an explanation on what the part numbers represent.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 0&start=60

Images below that are from YSS's Thai website taken today, note there are no part numbers specifically for the PCX150, The part numbers above will work on the PCX150 with no issues.

One of the decisions you need to consider will be to use the offset models or not.

I had decided early on I would likely change tires and wheels because of the easy availability of options here in Thailand. I chose to go with the offset model and this allowed me to go with a wider option (150/70 13) in the back. So, if you ever think you might be inclined to change tires and wheels to the extreme you might consider the offset model. The costs are the same I believe..
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 1.11.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 1.11.17 PM.png (10.86 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 1.11.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 1.11.52 PM.png (30.5 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

HawaiiJ wrote:I have a little information on my YSS experience. I think they were an improvement for me, I encounter too many high speed-bumps in my village and elsewhere and the XXL shocks made a difference occasional rubs and scrapes.

The link below is an explanation on what the part numbers represent.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 0&start=60

Images below that are from YSS's Thai website taken today, note there are no part numbers specifically for the PCX150, The part numbers above will work on the PCX150 with no issues.

One of the decisions you need to consider will be to use the offset models or not.

I had decided early on I would likely change tires and wheels because of the easy availability of options here in Thailand. I chose to go with the offset model and this allowed me to go with a wider option (150/70 13) in the back. So, if you ever think you might be inclined to change tires and wheels to the extreme you might consider the offset model. The costs are the same I believe..
I was wondering about this since I have a 140/70/14 city grip ready to fit. With the stock shocks and tire I have about 40mm clerance each side, with the wider 140/70/14 tire that will change to approx 20mm shock clearance each side. With that in mind the difference in the diameter of the YSS and their wider spring coils becomes a factor, it would still allow for the YSS springs to have a 30mm diameter(15mm radius) approximate increase over the stock shocks before tire clearance becomes an issue. Without knowing the actual diameter of the YSS shocks it's hard to know for sure, could you give me the diameter of the YSS springs?
How much clearance do you have between your 150/70/13 wide tire and the YSS offset shocks?
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113