Spot light mod

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Tom192
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Spot light mod

Post by Tom192 »

This afternoons bright idea :)

Smart 10w halogen bike light on my handle bars, more of an extra light to be seen rather than light the way
Attachments
DSCN0487.JPG
DSCN0487.JPG (225.17 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
DSCN0486.JPG
DSCN0486.JPG (230.74 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
tomtic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Spot light mod

Post by tomtic »

Hmmm, good idea :)
This looks like a Smart bicycle light - did you keep the original lead-acid battery system or wire it in to your 12v system?
I have a large screen on mine, which may reflect a lot of the light back onto me ..... this might actually be a good thing for getting yourself seen. Depends on whether it blinds you or not.
Good idea though, and it looks like it slides straight onto the handlebars!
Tom192
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Tom192 »

It is a smart bicycle light ;)

I originally bought it from ebay without the battery and never got round to using it, its currently using 4 aa size batteries in a battery holder mounted in the glove box, i just ran the wire down through the hole where the brake lines go down. its 6v so would need to phase down from the 12v bike bat

I tried fitting an LED bike light but due to the angle of the bars you need a light that you can adjust the lateral angle of not just the verticle which my LED one doesnt have.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bright idea! I'm with ya on this Tom ;) How does yours run?
Here's mine, a Bell iPulse HD LED light with steady & rapid flash modes. Five high powered LEDs, claiming 5,000 hr. Bulb life using 4AAA batteries. No tools required. Bar mount with a quick disconnect for flashlight use (And to dismount from thieves).
My take: the flashing is a bit fast paced but the Bright light "is" All That! Not expensive. I think I got it in Wally World (walmart kiddies :D ) in bicycle dept. Bet other local chain stores carry them too as well as WWWeb sites (amazon, etc) I like it
Attachments
Bell iPulse HD LED light on PCX
Bell iPulse HD LED light on PCX
image.jpg (416.5 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (17.28 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Tom192
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Tom192 »

i need to do a test run of how long the batteries last, I would think an LED light source would be more eye catching than this halogen.

Not sure if the police will take a dim view of your flashing mode on yours
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Should this be in accessories? Borderline topic? I just noticed I'm responding in the General board/forum.
We may see magic happen :P "now ya see it......"
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Bright idea! I'm with ya on this Tom ;) How does yours run?
Here's mine, a Bell iPulse HD LED light with steady & rapid flash modes. Five high powered LEDs, claiming 5,000 hr. Bulb life using 4AAA batteries. No tools required. Bar mount with a quick disconnect for flashlight use (And to dismount from thieves).
My take: the flashing is a bit fast paced but the Bright light "is" All That! Not expensive. I think I got it in Wally World (walmart kiddies :D ) in bicycle dept. Bet other local chain stores carry them too as well as WWWeb sites (amazon, etc) I like it

Is that a gps mount
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Tom, the flasher would be for emergency use only. You know....to blind the lions & tigers & bears :lol:

you you, yes that is a gps mount ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Tom, the flasher would be for emergency use only. You know....to blind the lions & tigers & bears :lol:

you you, yes that is a gps mount ;)
It looks quite small and unobtrusive compared to some. What make is it?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I got this at Charger City (they also sell their products on Amazon). I have a Garmin Nuvi 1450LMT GPS. Charger City also sells mounts for other GPS models.
Amazon link for mine: http://www.amazon.com/ChargerCity-Strap ... 35&sr=1-29
Simple to use, pull strap tight around bars, press release to remove. It fits Perfectly in our center bar position! So now I see you get a free micro sd card reader? (I missed that freebie :( ).
The mount is durable plastic, worth the price and it holds to the bar. Is it the best? No, but I'm happy with it for my needs. Price ain't bad either ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (87.13 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (45.51 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:I got this at Charger City (they also sell their products on Amazon). I have a Garmin Nuvi 1450LMT GPS. Charger City also sells mounts for other GPS models.
Amazon link for mine: http://www.amazon.com/ChargerCity-Strap ... 35&sr=1-29
Simple to use, pull strap tight around bars, press release to remove. It fits Perfectly in our center bar position! So now I see you get a free micro sd card reader? (I missed that freebie :( ).
The mount is durable plastic, worth the price and it holds to the bar. Is it the best? No, but I'm happy with it for my needs. Price ain't bad either ;)

Looks alright tbh. If I hadn't put a clock there I'd be tempted

Are you sipping petrol as you ride?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: yeah, with a shot of Seafoam!