Stored for Winter 2013

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RusticCharm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: Stored for Winter 2013

Post by RusticCharm »

Morning temperatures have been in the low 20's F. here rising to the mid 30's to 40's. I intend to keep riding until there is snow in the streets. Last year I rode until the second week in December. I got a late start this spring because we had a snow storm the first week in May. I usually ride from late March or early April until late November. Coldest ride 18 F.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Tonight we will be finally reaching freezing temperatures? I don't think I need to winterized it since the temperature won't get under 32 for more than a couple of days at a time so I can still ride. Should the oil and antifreeze keep everything fine for the cold?
ImageImage
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I hoping for one more warmer day so I can take it in for my 600 mile oil change and then it will be it for the winter. We just got our first 1" of snow today. I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter this year.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

It normally doesn't snow here. Too far down. When it snows it usually does so in February and nowhere near an inch
ImageImage
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

It was below freezing for the first time this year last night in Georgia. Blah. I took the car.

I miss summer already. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

logepoge1 wrote:It normally doesn't snow here. Too far down. When it snows it usually does so in February and nowhere near an inch
When I was in New Orleans I was surprised to see ice warnings on the roads.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

My sister stays in Houston and it was 4 degrees C this morning. I thought it was warm in Texas.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Brrr...cold this morning, actually freezing! We had a light dusting of snow yesterday morning, some ice. Bah! That's enough for me! (Walking away muttering to self...."time to winterize Me") :(
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

WhiteNoise wrote:Brrr...cold this morning, actually freezing! We had a light dusting of snow yesterday morning, some ice. Bah! That's enough for me! (Walking away muttering to self...."time to winterize Me") :(
Every year, it becomes more clear to me why old people move to Florida in the winter. I guess that means I'm getting old.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Just salted the roads here :x
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Thinking seriously about moving to Florida. I hate cold. When I left Nebraska a thousand years ago I said that I would never go back to that stuff they call SNOW. Yet, here in Atlanta it gets snow on occasion. What is wrong with this weather!? I moved UP to Atlanta in 1986 and caught a snow storm my first winter here. Prior to that I hadn't seen snow in a long, long time. It didn't snow in Mobile, Alabama or New Orleans, La....or Hawaii when I was there for several years. I blame the snow on the Northerners who brought it with them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Mel46-
As a northerner, I am trying to keep all the snow up here that I can, so I can ski.

But if you send me your address, I will send a box of Eskimo Pies instead!

(pity the postman.)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good One! I can share some as well. Address?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Nines

Post by Nines »

You you, on another bike, or in a car/other vehicle. I fail to see what help they would be, but that's the way the govt rolls up here.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Oh, my, I think my response was not appropriate for this forum, so I might have to rescind my offer.

THIS, on the other hand, is more appropriate... :D
Attachments
scotter_pie_twin.jpg
scotter_pie_twin.jpg (47.95 KiB) Viewed 837 times
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

I feel your pain. The first 38 years of my life I lived in northern MN where the "comfortable" riding season was generally 6 months long. By "comfortable" I mean above 40 degrees. I've lived in FL the past 3 years, where normal highs in January are in the 70s, and absolutely love it, but I still can't seem to shake that feeling "I better take advantage of this weather" feeling so I ride everyday. Take a vacation, come to FL and ride your scoots this winter.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Well, we would move to Florida except for the costs of moving there and the "setup" costs. Florida has no income tax so everything else costs more. Our friend moved to Florida recently, and one of our sons moved there a few days ago. They both could afford to move because they work. I don't. I was finally able to retire on Christmas of 2011, so I hope to enjoy it some. Florida would be the place to go to enjoy it. Well maybe we will drop by to visit "friends and family" down there, and drag the scooters along behind our SUV.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

WN is set for winters rest,...But I want a few more rides in before the final wax on wax off.
Today is my day off from visiting Mom in the Nursing Home. The weather is warmer (59 degrees), but as usual rain accompanies the warmer temps and wind is bringing the colder front.
So much for enjoying my leisurely relaxing puttering Sunday ride to a quiet State park. Pretty leaves everywhere but now lying on the ground as well and wet. I had plans of practicing tight turns around some small orange cones I have, in an empty parking lot for the park's beach. Picture taking was planned as well. Another day, another time...I will. :)

Just a reminder folks, check those tire pressures they are varying with the dropping (or rising) temps (depending on where you live). We have been in the 30's here already. I added to all my tires yesterday, 2 bicycles, scoot and truck. All of them were down (I check them monthly).
That's how I roll ;) Be safe, be happy :P
RusticCharm
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by RusticCharm »

My PCX was put away yesterday. I did some shopping. On the way to the first store, I encountered sleet. After I left the store it had turned to rain. I continued shopping and was on my way home when the rain turned to snow. I got home picked up the stabile, drove to the gas station topped off the tank and rode home. The snow melted today but we are supposed to get 1 to 2 inches tonight and high temperatures in the teens for the next few days. Even if it warms up later in the week and no more snow falls, I decided to go cold turkey and resist the temptation to take it out again until spring.