Greetings fellow PCXers!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

scootdude

Greetings fellow PCXers!

Post by scootdude »

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum, and as of 3 weeks ago, the proud owner of a new black PCX150, fondly referred to by friends as the Bat-Scoot. They say that if Batman rode a 150cc scooter, it would be a black PCX. :D

This is my first bike since I was a teenager riding a second-hand (or maybe 3rd or 4th hand) Garelli moped that I loved dearly. My only regret is that I didn't buy it earlier in the season (I'm in Salem, MA), but as it is I've already put nearly 300 fun-filled miles on it and now suffer from perma-grin. I've put on a Givi tunnel bag, and I'm looking at adding windscreen to comfortably extend my riding season. I'll post pictures soon!

Thank you all for the incredibly helpful posts/threads I've come across here. The info on this site helped me choose the PCX over the SYM HD200 (another fine scoot).

Ride safe. Ride happy!
PhillyPCX

Re: Greetings fellow PCXers!

Post by PhillyPCX »

Welcome scootdude. I'm new here also. This site is making me love my PCX even more.
PhillyPCX City Traveler
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Welcome Dude! Always great to have new riders here. Nothing like riding around New England in the fall, is there?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi scootdude! Congrats & welcome to the forum(s). Bat-scoot? 8) I'm sensing a fun Halloween ride coming on :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Welcome & congrats on the new black 150. Keep the smiles coming....
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome to the forums! :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

welcome...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums Bat-Scoot, and thanks for bringing scootdude along with you.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Honda4me

Post by Honda4me »

Hey Scootdude... you stole my first post !!! ;)

joking :)

I just joined up too.. also a Black PCX after many years on big bikes and a VS150 in recent times. Never been happier that scooting around the tropics. Maybe I'm just getting lazy but can't be bothered with all the leather and excessive horsepower any more which just leads to temptation ... and speeding tickets! Unless we're talking about Ducati's.

Honda all the way... 4 wheels and now 2.
prenders88

Post by prenders88 »

Honda4me wrote:Hey Scootdude... you stole my first post !!! ;)

joking :)

I just joined up too.. also a Black PCX after many years on big bikes and a VS150 in recent times. Never been happier that scooting around the tropics. Maybe I'm just getting lazy but can't be bothered with all the leather and excessive horsepower any more which just leads to temptation ... and speeding tickets! Unless we're talking about Ducati's.

Honda all the way... 4 wheels and now 2.

Welcome Scootdude, Also a owner of a black PCX, matt black limited edition here in Thailand, looks nice with a few red accessories, especially the red YSS G series gas shocks. Another Honda car and bike owner.
scootdude

Post by scootdude »

Hey thanks for the great welcome everyone! I'm now up to 350 miles and still loving it. My only regret is not getting it earlier, but I was in the process of buying a new home this summer (closed in early August) and getting the house situated. My previous apartment had no safe place to keep a bike, but now I have a garage to keep that baby nice and safe and protected from the harsh New England winter. I can't wait for the warm weather to come back, but I'm gonna ride as long as I can stand it!
scootdude

Post by scootdude »

Hey Prenders88, that color sounds cool! Any pics?
scootdude

Post by scootdude »

kramnala58 wrote:Welcome to the forums Bat-Scoot, and thanks for bringing scootdude along with you.
LOL, the Bat-Scoot thanks you and so do I, the humble sidekick!
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

If the black PCX is the Bat-Scoot, the red must be... The Flash! :D

Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Driller »

Welcome! Many smiles ahead, for sure. Wishing I could take my PCX up to Northern New England to retrace my old haunts..
Cpt. Jim...have you been "flashing" again? :lol:
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Finally - someone nearby! I got Mantis in the beginning of July and have not seen a single other PCX. I'll keep my eyes open for you when travelling the busy streets of Salem. Salem will be a challenging place to ride safely with all the tourists, distractions, and regular old inattentive drivers. Thankfully the high holy day is over tonight.

And, echoing others, welcome to the forum!
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

Driller wrote:Welcome! Many smiles ahead, for sure. Wishing I could take my PCX up to Northern New England to retrace my old haunts..
Cpt. Jim...have you been "flashing" again? :lol:
It happens fast! :lol:
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s