Loving My PCX in Philly

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PhillyPCX

Loving My PCX in Philly

Post by PhillyPCX »

I've been enjoying my Honda PCX 150 since I purchased it in April 2013. Looking forward to reading tips on improving the overall well-being of my PCX as well as hearing the experiences of other riders.
PhillyPCX City Traveler
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: Loving My PCX in Philly

Post by dasshreddar »

Welcome Philly :) , the PCX sure is 8)
any pics?
PhillyPCX

Post by PhillyPCX »

Thanks for the welcome dasshreddar. I do mostly city driving so most of my photos are urban scenes.
PhillyPCX in Philly :-)
PhillyPCX in Philly :-)
PhillyPCX.jpeg (55.32 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
Shopping after the office grind
Shopping after the office grind
PhillyPCX_02.jpeg (36.35 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
PhillyPCX City Traveler
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

;) Only the beginning, welcome aboard! PA, Getting colder out....snow around the corner, same here :? somebody shut my mouth! Oh we'll, can't fight Mother Nature, but you surely can join her (but be careful).
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PhillyPCX

Post by PhillyPCX »

Thanks for the welcome WhiteNoise. Looking forward to bundling up and being safe in the colder weather. Not sure about traveling in the snow. Maybe need to get some better tires, as I still have the ones that came with it. I still can't believe I have ridden over 4,000 miles since April 2013.
PhillyPCX City Traveler
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org Great to have you on board.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I like that 2nd picture, classy!

Welcome to the forums. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
PhillyPCX

Post by PhillyPCX »

Thank you for the warm welcome kramnala58 and maddiedog. That second picture represents my Monday through Friday, and Sunday rides.

I love seeing the surprised looks on the faces of people when they discover I ride my PCX every day, in any attire, and almost any weather. I even bought a great rain suit that is excellent on those rainy days.
PhillyPCX City Traveler
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

Hey PhillyPCX! welcome aboard! makes going to work and stopping for milk on the way home fun! gotta get some hi-vis on. read some threads as we are pretty much invisible to the daily commuters. I only put 2000 miles on my PCX since April. you certainly are riding yours EVERYWHERE... enjoy!
Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Driller »

Welcome! You would make the British "Mods" jealous with your business attire. 8)
Kudos on putting the miles in.
PhillyPCX

Post by PhillyPCX »

Hey ScooterKim and Driller! Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I do drive it EVERYWHERE :D. I am having so much fun with the daily commute. I notice that there are many more executives riding scooters to the office these days, so I don't feel too isolated in the city traffic. I love how everyone asks about my PCX over all of the other scooters in the motorbike parking area. I've also gotten more comfortable riding with the suit on. I never imagined I'd enjoy commuting to work so much. Also, the gas mileage is GREAT!
PhillyPCX City Traveler
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

A scooter guy in a zoot suit reminds me of an era long gone. Seems a bit mod-ish to me. Which is a nice thing to do. While you scoot, dress up!
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
PhillyPCX

Post by PhillyPCX »

khaosaming wrote:A scooter guy in a zoot suit reminds me of an era long gone. Seems a bit mod-ish to me. Which is a nice thing to do. While you scoot, dress up!
Hi khaosaming. I prefer zipping around in my casual clothes but my clients expect the suit during business hours. I think I should lobby for "Causal Fridays" every day.
PhillyPCX City Traveler
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Love the helmet, Philly.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
PhillyPCX

Post by PhillyPCX »

Slickvic wrote:Love the helmet, Philly.
Thanks khaosaming. I can only wear it when the weather is calm. Full face helmet for the next few months.
PhillyPCX City Traveler
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Welcome Philly! I grew up across the bridge(s) in Willingboro, NJ, and I'll still take Philly over NYC any day!

Have you made it to Revzilla near the airport? I was going to make a trip down there last Sat but plans changed. Looking to go soon to get some cold-weather gear.

Glad to have you here!
PhillyPCX

Post by PhillyPCX »

dustin91 wrote:Welcome Philly! I grew up across the bridge(s) in Willingboro, NJ, and I'll still take Philly over NYC any day!

Have you made it to Revzilla near the airport? I was going to make a trip down there last Sat but plans changed. Looking to go soon to get some cold-weather gear.

Glad to have you here!
Thanks for the welcome dustin91. I go to Jersey often on my PCX. Driving in NYC was quite challenging in my car, so I don't know if I would be as comfortable on my PCX at this time. Please continue to be safe.

Revzilla is AWESOME. I am planning to go over there next for some winter gear as well.
PhillyPCX City Traveler
scootdude

Post by scootdude »

Very nice ride, Philly! I've got the same one. I live in Salem, MA about 16 miles north of downtown Boston, where I work. As a fellow east-coaster, I envy you getting to ride yours every day. That's awesome, as is the commute-in-a-suit! After my first sub-50 degree ride last night, I'm shopping for cold weather and rain gear this weekend, and after reading the various threads on windscreens, I've decided to go with the tall smoked Ermax.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

PhillyPCX wrote:Thanks for the welcome dustin91. I go to Jersey often on my PCX. Driving in NYC was quite challenging in my car, so I don't know if I would be as comfortable on my PCX at this time. Please continue to be safe.

Revzilla is AWESOME. I am planning to go over there next for some winter gear as well.

Glad to hear it. What little gear I have is from Rev so far. And I hear you on NYC driving... I only feel safe walking around that city!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I would HIGHLY suggest that you get AT LEAST a Hi-vis vest from Walmart. They are cheap and make it much easier for people to see you. That was our second purchase after our helmets. We purchased better vests later on, but needed something right away.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers