Moderation, or my failure thereof!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Moderation, or my failure thereof!

Post by maddiedog »

As your one and only admin, I sometimes get a bit distracted by life and such. So, uh, I apparently neglected the moderation queue because I fail at looking at reports. I don't get email notifications for them, so I've ignored pretty much every report since April. I went through them all though, and all reported posts have been addressed that are going to be addressed. I closed at least 40 requests in the moderation queue. My bad for taking so long! :oops:

Things ignored:
1. People complaining about "Colonies" (you'd be surprised how many reports one particular post that was RED and said COLONIES many times had).
2. Minor gripes or grievances -- if you feel bullied online, you're consenting to be here. Just ignore the haters and only talk to people you like. I only will moderate people's posts if they're directly inflammatory, intentionally misleading, or personally insulting. That means if a particular user that has loud, vocal opinions disagrees with you, you should ignore him or her completely.
3. Minor miscategorization of posts.

Things corrected:
1. Lots of typos. No, I won't increase the edit time. Just PM me if you typo'd, I respond to 99% of PMs same day, unless I'm on another continent without internet (unfortunately, quite rare), or on vacation (which is also, unfortunately, quite rare).
2. Majorly misplaced posts.
3. Advertizing for other companies in Vendor threads (really guys? Be polite to vendors, please).
4. Other misc, nothing bad.

What can you do to better help me moderate in the future:
1. PM ME.
2. PM ME.
3. Seriously, PM me. I'm terrible at checking the moderation queue.
4. Be good to one another. We have a great community here. If someone disagrees with you, oh well. Their opinion is clearly wrong, and yours is better. But keep that to yourself, they'll disagree.

Also, I'm still alive, just crazy busy at work and at home. My wife's 6 months preggers (AND ADORABLE!), and work is chaos as usual. Rather than spending time posting, I've been fixing up our house for the baby and riding as much as I can.

Have fun posting, and ride safe!

- Dave
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
JLP
Color: None more black

Re: Moderation, or my failure thereof!

Post by JLP »

Thanks for the thankless work.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The colonies post was a classic :D
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

Thanks for providing this place and all you do to make it a friendly place for us PCX folks.

Years ago, I was a moderator on a sailing forum; trimarans - fast boats, lots of testosterone. It was a very active board, requiring quite a bit of moderation (and tongue-biting). Hope I haven't done anything here to add to your workload. 8)

Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s