Forza fuel gauge...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Forza fuel gauge...

Post by gn2 »

The manual says that when you get to the red on the fuel gauge, there's approximately 0.79 proper British gallons remaining out of the original 2.5
Problem is, the damn thing doesn't give an accurate idea of when that is.
Which is completely unlike the flashing last blob on the PCX gauge, a much better arrangement.
However, fear not Forza fans, for there's a simple way of estimating range remaining when the gauge drops down low...

When the tank is brimmed full, reset tripmeter A to zero.
This also zeros the economy meter
Ride scooter till the miles travelled on trip meter A is double the value shown on the fuel economy meter.
Divide the reading on the economy meter by two.
This number is the miles remaining till empty.

Johnny foreigner with their silly small measures will have to work out their own method :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Forza fuel gauge...

Post by skuuter »

I've stopped paying "ANY" attention to the "Miles Per Gallon" Number, it's never close on mine (I always get better), and when I get down to the "Empty" on the gas guage, I still have a whole gallon of gas left (a good thing)......"Forza Quirks" I guess..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Is the meter in the US version calibrated in proper British imperial gallons...?
The UK version definitely is and its pretty accurate.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

You could always go back to the paint stick method
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

No need, the economy meter works perfectly.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I got my Forza last week. I went from full to 1/4 tank much more quickly than I thought I should (after about 60 miles). So, I filled it up to the fill bar in the tank a couple days ago. I have now driven about 75 miles and it's still on full. So, I think the dealer didn't actually fill it when I got it. No big deal, I'm just glad it seems to be getting a reasonable distance out of a tank of gas this time.

I did notice I went from getting what the digital gauges said was about 57 mpg on the initial tank of gas to more like 67 mph this time around. I reset the trip meter when I filled it this time, so I'll be able to get a more accurate estimate of gas mileage next time I fill it. I'll start a fuelly account when I do and report back.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

so at 137 miles today my fuel gauge was just on the red, but as said before top of the red one second then bottom of the red the next, its all over the place at the bottom. fill up with 8 litres. this leaves 3 litre? so approx. another 35 miles when the needle hits the red area? what does any one else think? so approx. 160 miles on a tank.
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I've found that the computer is pretty accurate, to within one or two mpg
Just filled her up, 168.8 miles 9.53 litres, works out at 80mpg, meter said 79mpg
9.53 used of 11.6 leaves just over two litres so would still have had roughly 30 miles left in the tank for a total range of 200 miles.
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

The gauge is really hacking me off, so at 138 miles the gauge was at it lowest point on the stop and didn't move weather throttle on cornering or slowing, filled it and still had 3 litres, so going to try 160 miles and hope!!
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

hehehe....the day a dealer fills a tank is the day I win the lotto....
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MORON wrote:hehehe....the day a dealer fills a tank is the day I win the lotto....

That's true :D
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

I dropped from a quarter tank to the bottom of the red within 2 miles....absurd...went to fill up and had a gallon, as scuuter mentioned, left in the tank...that's one hell of a reserve. they must figure bigger bike, larger trips, bigger reserve...who knows...I think its stupid.
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

Im am still in break-in...anyone getting or had a slight vibration starting at about 68 mph....feels like a loose belt or something of that nature...was wondering if it was part of the break-in process...
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

I'm at 140 miles on my first ever tank and avg says 72 mpg. The needle is at rock bottom and I'm sweating :D

Was hoping to stretch it to 160 on my first tank but I think that might be a tad optimistic.

I don't want to have to push the damn thing so may as well go for a fill up. I agree with GN2 the PCX idea was much better.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

V4, when the gauge hits the red, you still have 3.8 liters. If you go another 50 after the needle hits the bottom of the red, you still have reserve.
BUT, I do know that feeling. The first time I carried an extra gallon with me just to make sure. When I finally stopped for petro, I still had 1/2 gal (us) or about 2 ltr.
Then, the main thing is to watch so you know when it hits the red. If you don't see it, then you start to panic because you wonder how long it has been on red since you last looked.
I go 160-170 before fill up without worrying now.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

V4 TRV wrote:I'm at 140 miles on my first ever tank and avg says 72 mpg. The needle is at rock bottom and I'm sweating :D

Was hoping to stretch it to 160 on my first tank but I think that might be a tad optimistic.

I don't want to have to push the damn thing so may as well go for a fill up. I agree with GN2 the PCX idea was much better.
if you didn't fill the tank yourself, you can't know if it was properly full or how far it will go.
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

I brimmed it myself after collection. Turns out the avg on the clocks was spot on - it was telling me 72 mpg. After only getting 8.5L on tonight's fill up that equates to 72 mpg so I'm happy to trust that from now. Will aim for 160 miles next.

I'm happy enough at that figure as although its way less than I was getting on the PCX the performance and comfort gains make it a price worth paying.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

At 72 mpg a tank will last 180 miles till empty
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

gn2 wrote:At 72 mpg a tank will last 180 miles till empty
Ill take it to 160 next time and see how much is left first as I reckon it would be a pig to push :D
Flybywyre
Year: 2016
Color: Silver

Post by Flybywyre »

trigg123 wrote:The gauge is really hacking me off, so at 138 miles the gauge was at it lowest point on the stop and didn't move weather throttle on cornering or slowing, filled it and still had 3 litres, so going to try 160 miles and hope!!
That's exactly what happened to me today!
Did you manage to get 160 miles without any problem?