Honda NSS300 Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Honda NSS300 Forza

Post by you you »

That does look really nice
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

There ya go, You Got the ABS! 8) Stunning!! Bike (and where she sits). Yeah, go ahead, "Rub it in" :lol: then tell us more.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Great shots! Enjoy your new ride.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
Gingivitis Khan

Post by Gingivitis Khan »

gn2 wrote:Its not red, its RED.
Looks good, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :D

What's that appendage under the legshield/fairing?
I've put 75 miles on it and it's perfect so far. I think that thingie is the aft end of the brake cable. Just got back from a quick ride. I have to be at work in 7 hours and haven't slept yet... it's going to be a long one. Here are a couple more pix, one taken in front of the Katrina-ravaged Ohr-O'Keefe Museum Of Art (note the plywood covering the door openings).

2014 Honda Forza ABS by ScubaDude1960, on Flickr

2014 Honda Forza ABS by ScubaDude1960, on Flickr
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Do you have to ride it "toes down" or can you get a reasonable feet forward position despite the steep running board angle and pronounced seat hump?
Gingivitis Khan

Post by Gingivitis Khan »

sendler2112 wrote:Do you have to ride it "toes down" or can you get a reasonable feet forward position despite the steep running board angle and pronounced seat hump?
I find the seating position to be almost perfect (I'm 5' 6"). The horizontal portion of the running board seems to be angled just a little too far down, and the angled part just a little too far up, but I'm sure I'll get used to it... it's really minor.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

gn2 wrote:Its not red, its RED.
Looks good, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :D

What's that appendage under the legshield/fairing?
It's the parking brake. I think it's only on North America models. Works great, unlike the one on the PCX. Even has an indicator on the dash when engaged.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

So... jealous... But the 150 ain't a half-bad alternative in the meantime!
delemus

Post by delemus »

can't wait for mine(ABS version), found out it existed between day one and day two of my motorcycle safety course(5-22/5-23), after finding that messing with manual transmission distracts me...badly. started bugging the dealer about it the day after I passed(5-24), ordered it as soon as he could(6-23 I think)...and then got stuck on the financing...finally got that fixed about the time it was supposed to have gotten here(about two and a half weeks ago) in the meantime I've got an '07 metro that I'm slowly wearing out, and I wouldn't be surprised if my dealer has a dartboard with my face on it(is it here yet? is it here yet? how about now? now?) ;)
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

delemus wrote:can't wait for mine ... I wouldn't be surprised if my dealer has a dartboard with my face on it(is it here yet? is it here yet? how about now? now?) ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
NewToRiding

Post by NewToRiding »

Hi All,

This my first post. As my username implies, I have never ridden before (except 30 years ago when I had a 20 mph moped as a teen :D ). I switched my decision from wanting a PCX to wanting a Forza after reading all the great posts and feedback from the new owners.
I am studying for my motorcycle permit and will then take the Basic motorcycle course to learn to ride. I am looking forward to contributing to the forum and I always enjoy reading about both scooters.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Hi and welcome, you might need to change that username in a year or so :)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

NewToRiding wrote:Hi All,

This my first post. As my username implies, I have never ridden before (except 30 years ago when I had a 20 mph moped as a teen :D ). I switched my decision from wanting a PCX to wanting a Forza after reading all the great posts and feedback from the new owners.
I am studying for my motorcycle permit and will then take the Basic motorcycle course to learn to ride. I am looking forward to contributing to the forum and I always enjoy reading about both scooters.
WELCOME to the PCX Forum...Glad You've decided to "join the ranks"..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

NewToRiding wrote:Hi All,

Welcome!!! Happy studying .... but happier riding. Just curious, but why are you choosing the Forza over the PCX?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Welcome!!!
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
NewToRiding

Post by NewToRiding »

Welcome!!! Happy studying .... but happier riding. Just curious, but why are you choosing the Forza over the PCX?

The reason I have chosen the Forza is because of the positive feedback from PCX owners. Not to put "Skuuter " on the spot...his brief analysis of his Forza experience to date is what pushed me in that direction. One of the other main reasons is that I want the ability to "go around" a driver at 65 or 70 if necessary. I think that this task is limited on the PCX. Plus I also like the idea of the added safety feature of the ABS.

And yes, my username will probably evolve on this forum....which is a good thing!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

NewToRiding wrote:I want the ability to "go around" a driver at 65 or 70 if necessary.
You need a Forza for that, PCX just not up to the job.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

NewToRiding:

This is your mother speaking.... :P

Please remember that everyone in a car is now on a cellphone, and will try to kill you given half a chance. Remember that. Learn the bike well, then spend time learn to dodge other driver's mistakes, and learn how to 'read' what other drivers are going to do before they do it. This is called "RiderRadar", and it WILL save your life. And wear a helmet.

Now, no TV until your homework is done... ;)
NewToRiding

Post by NewToRiding »

To Mother MichRocks :

Thanks for the advice with the comical twist. I am currently reading the 45 page NYS motorcycle manual for my motorcycle permit. Although the focus is not on drivers wanting to kill us riders, the message is clear that the focus is on safety and defensive riding. I am also going to taking the Basic Rider course which will stress these points. I am looking forward to having fun with this scoot. I have been enjoying the picture posts of some of the places that people on this forum have ridden on their PCX's and Forza's. Hopefully soon, I can add my pics.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

NewToRiding:

Now that I have tried to scare you off- to no avail, I have to say: Good for You!!!! And WELCOME to the Club!!! OK, OK, I am overly protective of riders; I personally want to see as many people as possible enjoy this sport, safely, till they are too old to twist a throttle...maybe longer!! Jacques Cousteau actually said it best when he said (and I am paraphrasing him here), "When you don a wetsuit and enter the water, you enter the food chain. And not necessarily at the top". Entering the highway is entering the automotive food chain, and I will state with conviction that we are all at the bottom. Fully integrating that concept into a riding regimen opens wide a sport that provides so much individual freedom that it is not possible to explain to non-riders. Plus, we need pictures!! Lots and Lots of pictures!! For a long time!!! And great stories. Like being 80 miles out one a deserted highway in the middle of the California desert on a 90 degree day, and deciding to stop, put the side stand down, then walk 20 feet ahead of the MC to get a better look at a 6 or 7 foot sidewinder crossing the road. Then to hear behind him a sickening thud as the side stand sunk into the hot tar of the highway, the bike toppled over on its side and broke the clutch handle off...

Adventures await!