Love my PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Tassiescoot

Love my PCX

Post by Tassiescoot »

I have been riding my 2011 PCX since January this year and have clocked up nearly 10 000km as I bought it as an alternate to my car due to rising fuel prices. I commute to work five days a week a 25km each way drive. I have gone from spending nearly $50 a week on fuel to just $9 which so far means I have saved nearly $1500 in fuel costs. I have to say I am not put off by weather and have rode all through a Tasmanian winter. The handling of the PCX is fantastic in all conditions, great breaking/acceleration and terrific fuel economy. The Givi top box works great and I wil be installing a break light in mine soon. I have not had a single issue with it, I cover mine with a large removalists blanket and even when the temp falls below zero it starts first time everytime. I am looking forward to the longer warmer days here so I can enjoy a scenic ride instead of my everyday commute.

I hope everyone enjoys their scoot as much as I enjoy mine.
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Love my PCX

Post by gokidd »

That sounds great! You are really making the most of your Honda.
So you've not found it necessary to trickle charge, even in winter?
Most excellent.
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400
lambo13

Post by lambo13 »

Congratulations, you are very determined.
I think that in winter I'll interrupt PCX use, my body don’t tolerate snow and rain, but I’m agree with you, Honda PCX is very cheap and funny, I don’t use as much as you, but I'm having so much fun with it
Now, before the winter, I’m planning a new trip with my wife for finish this season
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org .... 10,000 km already ... and a pile of money saved so soon ... vehicles are typically an expense, but with the money you are saving, it won't be long before you are ahead of the game and your PCX will be an investment. Congrats!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
bruno_09

Post by bruno_09 »

Tassiescoot wrote:I have been riding my 2011 PCX since January this year and have clocked up nearly 10 000km as I bought it as an alternate to my car due to rising fuel prices. I commute to work five days a week a 25km each way drive. I have gone from spending nearly $50 a week on fuel to just $9 which so far means I have saved nearly $1500 in fuel costs. I have to say I am not put off by weather and have rode all through a Tasmanian winter. The handling of the PCX is fantastic in all conditions, great breaking/acceleration and terrific fuel economy. The Givi top box works great and I wil be installing a break light in mine soon. I have not had a single issue with it, I cover mine with a large removalists blanket and even when the temp falls below zero it starts first time everytime. I am looking forward to the longer warmer days here so I can enjoy a scenic ride instead of my everyday commute.

I hope everyone enjoys their scoot as much as I enjoy mine.
Obviously saving a lot when it comes to fuel, but have you kept track of maintenance costs as well? Do you do them yourself, or take it to the dealer? And have you done all maintenance according to the manual?

I'm just asking because I'm currently using my pcx pretty much at the same intensity as you, but only for a good 1,5 months now. I'd like to have an idea how it compares when you take the shorter maintenance intervals into account...