HI all

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Brian

HI all

Post by Brian »

Hi all, got my new pcx this week. I decided to get my motorbike licence now I've retired. I have been riding around for the last 4 weeks on a Yamaha ybr 125. The Yamaha was good, it did what it was supposed to, but I just could not get used to the clutch and gear arrangement. The foot operated gear lever was uncomfortable to use. The clutch was ok but it was so easy to make it snatch, and here's me trying to be all cool and smooth! I would get false neutrals when changing up and in trafic, working up and down the gearbox was just taking all my attention. I never felt safe on it. Even after doing around 500 miles in those four weeks it just wasn't doing it for me.
I had been admiring the pcx for a while and took a ride out to the nearest Honda dealer. In short, he made me a good offer on my Yamaha, and I'm now the prowd owner of a shiny new petrol blue pcx125. What a difference! The pcx is great.
Nice and stable, I enjoy going round corners. No more frozen shoulders and terrified look on my face. ( I found the Yamaha difficult to steer at 50mph) I can now counter-steer with the best of them. Nice and comfy, I'm even getting along just fine with "The Hump"
Should be doing my Test for a 125 licence in the spring and then who knows? The prospect of a Forza on the horizon? Sky's the limit!
Enjoy it while you can

Brian
What is the color of wind?
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: HI all

Post by Indyglow »

Welcome Brian! Any pictures of your PCX?
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Welcome, Brian!!
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org Post some pics if you have them.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Another welcome from me too! We're not offered the Blue color here in the U.S., so seeing your PCX will be a treat. Some say it looks greenish? :roll:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
prenders88

Post by prenders88 »

Welcome from Thailand
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Ughmmmm Pictures? Blue is my favorite color but the only choices in California were Red and Black so I'm anxious to see this blue PCX. Welcome!