PCX or S-Wing

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

toria
Regular User
Regular User

PCX or S-Wing

Post by toria »

I hope you guys can help me? I am in a quandary and cannot decide whether to get the PCX or the S-Wing. I know what they look like, they're both 125cc etc and of course the S-Wing is bigger with better weather protection etc.. and of course costs more. Does anyone know how they differ in terms of fuel economy and presence on the road. Presumably bigger bikes have a better presence on the road but its not the prettiest of bikes but the PCX looks v. funky! In the past, I have had bikes ranging from the Suzuki Burgman 125 right up to the Suzuki Burgman 650 executive, the latter of which I found far too heavy and cumbersome! Any feedback gratefully received. If it helps, I'm a late 40s female from the UK with, sadly not a particularly small frame but at the same time, not quite the size of a house!
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: PCX or S-Wing

Post by skuuter »

..."they're both 125cc".....???....where do You live...here in the USA the Silver Wing is a 600...... :o
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

The OP is not referring to the big Honda Silverwing. He's talking about the S-Wing.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/biker ... 7-current/
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

The silver wing is but an s-wing is a 125cc
http://www.doble.co.uk/new-honda-motorc ... ng-125.asp
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Beat me to it.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

khaosaming wrote:The OP is not referring to the big Honda Silverwing. He's talking about the S-Wing.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/biker ... 7-current/

Yep. The s-Wing is pretty nice
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

THANKS Guys....the S-Wing looks pretty nice.......Honda, "someday", needs to send more Scooter/Motorcycle models to each of the different market countries it sells to. Here in the USA, especially in the motorcycle line-up, HondaUSA tends to think all we want are the absolute largest offerings They build, which isn't necessarily correct. Small and Medium sized Machines always sell well here, get a "following", then HondaUSA takes Them out of the lineup in a season or two....UGH....have to admit, the newest lineup looks better than in a long time here though...maybe "They" have finally started to read some of Their E-mails instead of just hitting the delete button..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!