Hi!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcxjojo

Hi!

Post by pcxjojo »

:) I'm JoJo the proud new owner of a PCX 125! My other bike is a Can Am Spyder RT Limited. I bought the PCX to run around the DFW area where I live and to commute to work. My husband rides also, a BMW K1600 GTL. We ride on weekends around our area and also the Texas Hill Country with friends.
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Hi!

Post by ScooterKim »

Glad you joined, Jo Jo. this is a fun forum where you'll get a lot of good tips! be sure to update your profile what state you live in. it's neat to see where everyone is from. and, you may even find another PCX-er right around the corner from you in the lone star state.
pcxjojo

Post by pcxjojo »

Thanks ScooterKim! I've actually got a 2013 black PCX. Just bought it yesterday. I should have read my own post before posting! Looking forward to cooler riding temps this fall around here.
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

Welcome JoJo! Which do you like better, the PCX or the Spyder?
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Glad you're here, Jojo & enjoy your new PCX!
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Greetings! :P Nice set of bikes you have. I've always been curious about the Can Am and have sat on but not ridden one. Friend of a friend has an older one and loves it. Bet the PCX feels like a feather to you after riding Big Brother. Kinda like a Smart car to a Caddy? 8) (just my goofy quick example, no harm meant ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org. Feel free to post pics because we always like to see those. My friend's wife owns a Spyder and love it.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
pcxjojo

Post by pcxjojo »

Hey all! Thanks for the replies. Been kinda busy this weekend so just now chillin and getting to the forum. First of all I love my Spyder! My husband has a BMW K1600 GTL and I can really keep up with him on my Can Am on touring trips or with our friends when we ride in the Texas Hill Country. I've also got tons of storage on my RT model so as a woman I'm lovin that aspect. I'm really impressed with the new ST Limited and would consider a trade but not until they get a 6th gear up or something to improve the gas mileage. Also my buddy Izzy Espinoza of Picasso's in Fort Worth just painted it for me so I'm wanting to enjoy the graphics a while longer.

As for the PCX feel I'm really comparing it to the Burgman 400 I just let get go. I loved the large feeling of the Burgman but pushing that dude around was more than a tiny gal like me wanted to deal with. FLIPPIN HEAVY!!! I like the quickness of the PCX and balance. Feel much safer on it even tho I sacrificed higher freeway speed capability. Also it's a HONDA so what more can I say? My dad, mom, and I rode Hondas for several years as a family and they are still great machines! My husband rode my PCX this morning and pulled into the driveway with a big grin on his face. Lookin forward to riding it til it just can't give anymore.

Bottom line I LOVE LOVE them both for different reasons. Feel like I'm getting back to my roots with the PCX since my first bike was a Honda 175 but love the Spyder for the comfort and convince. Plan to ride them both til I no longer can!!
Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Driller »

Welcome!
The PCX is indeed a fun change of pace. Know what you mean about the Burg. My Majesty was getting to be more work moving around the garage or parking lot.
Love those Blue Bonnets in the spring!
Cheers!
Driller
apeacezalt

Post by apeacezalt »

Welcome!!!

and because of this forum and PCX, I'm kind of need a new tattoo wrote "slow dance" on my back :)