New bike clock

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

New bike clock

Post by strkngfang »

Anyone wanting a less expensive alternative to the ones featured on "Clocks4Bikes", we got these off Amazon, direct from China for only around 25.00 each with free shipping. They are well made, attached to the handlebars the same way as the aforementioned ones do and take a store bought battery, instead of having to ship it back to the company for new batteries. They even glow in the dark at night, after adequate light exposure during the day.

Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: New bike clock

Post by dustin91 »

Do you have a link or Amazon item number? I saved a few in my cart a couple weeks back, but haven't pulled the trigger on any. And, with a RAM Mount, a GoPro Mount, and a USB charger already on my handlebars, I'm not sure I have any room left!
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

The seller is tmsuschina
ASIN B00CINN6G2

You do have a lot on your handlebars. You could always not use the bracket, get some double sided tape & stick it anywhere?
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dustin91 wrote:Do you have a link or Amazon item number? I saved a few in my cart a couple weeks back, but haven't pulled the trigger on any. And, with a RAM Mount, a GoPro Mount, and a USB charger already on my handlebars, I'm not sure I have any room left!
Woulnt some of the things you dangle from your handlebars tell you the time?
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

What battery does that clock take? I think I've found them on eBay but they don't get into battery details. And is it too big to mount in the middle of the handlebars between the adjustment bolts?
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

It's just an average button type battery, & it was just a little too large to fit in the center, but I actually like where it is.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

you you wrote:Woulnt some of the things you dangle from your handlebars tell you the time?
Only the iPhone on the RAM mount, and I usually have a map running on it. And the time is pretty small from where I sit, so I'd like a quick-glance timepiece so I know how long I have before the wife gets mad I'm not home yet!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dustin91 wrote:
you you wrote:Woulnt some of the things you dangle from your handlebars tell you the time?
Only the iPhone on the RAM mount, and I usually have a map running on it. And the time is pretty small from where I sit, so I'd like a quick-glance timepiece so I know how long I have before the wife gets mad I'm not home yet!
No gps unit then?
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

you you wrote:No gps unit then?
So far, I've been using my iPhone as a GPS, which since I have the USB power ports installed means I don't worry about draining its battery. I like riding with no idea where I'm going, then having a map app tell me how to get home. I wouldn't mind a dedicated GPS like a Garmin, but they are much more expensive than I thought they'd be these days – compared to those for cars at least. For now, the free apps like Google Maps and Waze work fine.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

dustin91 wrote:
you you wrote:No gps unit then?
So far, I've been using my iPhone as a GPS ... I wouldn't mind a dedicated GPS like a Garmin, but they are much more expensive than I thought they'd be ...
I use my iPhone as well, but I purchased the Garmin app for it and am quite happy with how it performs.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

kramnala58 wrote:I use my iPhone as well, but I purchased the Garmin app for it and am quite happy with how it performs.
Do you know if the app allow you to input GPX files, which are Garmin formats? I would like to be able to download rides other people have uploaded to sites like http://ridewithgps.com/find and have the app tell me the directions. The app Cyclemeter allows you to import & export, but doesn't actually give turn-by-turn directions, which is what I'd like to have.

Thanks!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

I can't answer that one way or the other as I haven't played with it enough. Sorry. Maybe someone else who knows could respond.
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Thanks Kram... if you come across any of that functionality, please let me know!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

dustin91 wrote:Thanks Kram... if you come across any of that functionality, please let me know!
Will do, no problem. It will give me something to do when I am bored ... which never happens. :lol:
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Ha! Who can be bored when there's riding to do?!?
jkhawaii
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jkhawaii »

ahh. I have to get something like that. My old Scooter had a digital clock, miss being able to check the time.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

jkhawaii wrote:ahh. I have to get something like that. My old Scooter had a digital clock, miss being able to check the time.
I am more than happy with the digital clock I installed. It cost less that $4 on a trip back to the US and I have seen an identical one at the electronics shop here in Thailand for less than $3. It has a holder that I stuck to the speedo glass with double sided tape (included with the clock). It runs on a 2032 coin sized battery which I buy in packs of 12 for about the equivalent of $5. I take it out and put it in my sunglasses holder in the rain or when I park in a place that I am unfamiliar with so that it doesn't get stolen.
Attachments
2013-07-08 14.35.44 Crop_800x600.jpg
2013-07-08 14.35.44 Crop_800x600.jpg (72.05 KiB) Viewed 4663 times
2013-07-08 14.36.35_800x600.jpg
2013-07-08 14.36.35_800x600.jpg (101.36 KiB) Viewed 4663 times
illegal
Regular User
Regular User

Post by illegal »

Today I ordered possibly the same clock as OP from ebay for 26 $. It is from US seller and they claim it is higher quality with proper chrome and all :)
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/370614284526?it ... 60&vxp=mtr
In case it will be deleted later, the seller name is "honestyintegrityalways" and the clock name is 7/8" MOTORCYCLE HANDLEBAR CLOCK- WATERPROOF - BLACK DIAL
Attachments
clock2.JPG
clock2.JPG (64.25 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
clock1.JPG
clock1.JPG (31.55 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
2013 Honda PCX 125
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/569523.html
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

i just bought a watch...simples.....
illegal
Regular User
Regular User

Post by illegal »

I tried watch too, but it survived only 13 kilometers. I guess it was killed by vibrations. These bike clocks should resist common vibrations and last much longer time :)
2013 Honda PCX 125
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/569523.html