New PCX facebook fan page

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

New PCX facebook fan page

Post by strkngfang »

This awesome scoot, both versions, deserves some attention. Everyone check it out and post pics of your PCX & let's fill the site.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-PC ... 7890478740
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: New PCX facebook fan page

Post by maddiedog »

I liked it and posted a few pics. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Good stuff. I will also post a few pics when I get a chance.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

That page is for the PCX, there's another for the PCX 150.
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Mine covers both U.S. models.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Thanks to everyone who has posted pics or "liked". The page is starting to take off, up to 23 likes in just a few days and it's great to see the variety in colors and mods of all of your bikes. My fan pages are all doing well- the PCX=23 likes; the Silverwing 600=96 likes; Scooter Fans=36 likes and the Honda Forza=6 likes, and it isn't even here yet? Great stuff, everyone :)
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

I "LIKED", and posted a Pic..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I don't like facebook, never used twitter, have to use LinkedIn reluctantly for work. Its not that I'm anti social just would rather talk face to face like at the pub where I was last night, and will be today for lunch, and tonight. No pcx commute today by the way!
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Taz wrote:I don't like facebook, never used twitter, have to use LinkedIn reluctantly for work. Its not that I'm anti social just would rather talk face to face like at the pub where I was last night, and will be today for lunch, and tonight. No pcx commute today by the way!

Why no PCX Commute Today...???....I thought "EVERY DAY" is a Good Day for riding a PCX..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Not when its thank god its Friday drinks for lunch and end of day followed by a few hours down the pub. Used to ride after drinking when young with too many spills. I'm older and wiser now on some matters so it was a taxi home for me.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I liked the page. I just purchased a new PCX 150 about 3 weeks ago but I haven't been able to ride it yet because I don't have my motorcycle license yet. Tonight I start the 3 day motorcycle safety course, hopefully upon completion I can get my license. Until then I've been reading up on the scooter.
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

You don't have your temporary permit either. Taking the written test will allow you to ride, except on highways, with a passenger or at night. You could even ride your PCX in the class. My wife and I both rode our scoots a few years a go when we took the class. I already had my MC license, but she didn't, so I took it with her and glad I did, you learn a lot. I had no desire to ride a standard motorcycle so practicing clutch work etc was pointless for us, we did other riding activities during that time. Have fun!!!
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I tried to get my permit a couple weeks ago and failed the test 3 times. I've heard from other people that the Illinois written test is a difficult one. I had read the book and taken pratice tests the week before with no problem. One practice test even had 150 questions. The Illinois test has 15 questions and you can miss 3 questions. The second time I took the test I second guessed myself and if I hadn't I would have passed the test. My husband took the MSF course earlier this year, he didn't even know some of the question's that the state had asked. One person at the dealership said the took the test 7 times before he passed the other guy had been riding since he was a young kid and failed the test twice. I was already signed up for that MSF class but I wanted to get the permit so I could ride with my hubby until I received my completion card.

The only thing that bites is that the class is almost a 1 1/2 hours away. All the other state run classes were full already. I don't mind learning how to drive a standard motorcycle because that is what the hubby has. If I ever have to drive it from some reason, I will be able too. I know how to drive a manual transmission car so why not add a manual motorcycle. Wish me luck.
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Best of luck & let us know how it goes:)
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red