Close to home...

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

That Guy

Close to home...

Post by That Guy »

Picked my PCX up in early May from Malcom Smith's shop. No fancy add-ons but thought I would share this pic taken close to my Glen Ivy home.
Attachments
Ginger.jpg
Ginger.jpg (158.08 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Close to home...

Post by strkngfang »

Very nice & scenic shot. Good looking PCX!
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ahh, so serene. The mountains almost look fake, picture perfect! Of course, zee bike, it is beautiful (o;
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Fez

Post by Fez »

There's mountains in this picture? :lol:
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

That Guy wrote:... No fancy add-ons but thought I would share this pic ....
Doesn't need to have fancy add-ons for us to enjoy it, especially with the way the sun is reflecting off the bike. Great shot! Thanks for sharing.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

Great picture of background and bike! Enjoy!

ps... you get accessories little by little to personalize your ride. and to carry stuff! that's why we have scooters instead of motorcycles...
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Last November I spent 8 days with my wife in Taipei Taiwan where she was born and raised. I was overwhelmed by the number and variety of scooters in that city. Watching just how nimble and efficient they were, crisscrossing in every direction in the rain day and night, I was hooked. When I got home I began my research which included forcing myself to watch "horrible scooter accidents" on YouTube. I had never been on a motorcycle or scooter in my life. I settled on the PCX. I just thought it would be cool to own one. The surprise was how much I have enjoyed riding this beauty. I thought I was a good observer in my SUV thinking I wasn't missing much on the road, but wow; the wind, the bird noises the smells were all a surprise. Glen Ivy is part of the Inland Empire in Southern California. I was aware of how pretty it can be most of the year, but the area in and around my home really came to life when I began riding my PCX.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Beautiful. I need to visit CA one day.

Riding a motorcycle is a great experience. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance has a good quote on this--
Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values wrote: In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.
Welcome to the forums, glad you joined us, and congrats on your new PCX! :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

WELCOME to the Forum.....Great Pic.....!!!!!... 8) ...on a Bike, You're merely an extension of Your surroundings, in a Car, you're disrupting Them..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

maddiedog wrote:
Riding a motorcycle is a great experience. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance has a good quote on this--
Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values wrote: In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.
Well said, Maddiedog.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We just got back from a 70 something mile ride up to Lake Lanier and back. The scenery was nice, but I think I'd rather see West Coast scenery. All of our vacations for the last 10 years have been on the west coast, either in California or in Washington State. Both have very beautiful scenery.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the great quotes!
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

Welcome and greetings from the West Coast of Australia. Yes- nice photo- though any scene with a PCX in the foreground makes good photography. ;)

Awesome quote maddiedog- that's exactly how I feel. I have never gone for drives (in a car) just for the sake of it yet when I got my first scooter that's all I did. And now I'm doing it on my PCX. And people are frickin are waving at me! WTF?? I am really enjoying my scoot.
:D :D