Prevent scooter falling over

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Larry David
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Prevent scooter falling over

Post by Larry David »

strkngfang wrote:I agree, most sport bike riders are racers & not cruisers. They account for the most wrecks & deaths than all the other bikes put together. As long as the young keep buying, the brands will keep selling. Of the sport bike riders I know, none of them go for a leisurely ride, they find a curvy stretch of road or highway & push it to its limits.
I had a Suzuki gsxr 600 sports bike before I got the pcx. They are just not designed to cruise around at normal speeds. The temptation to go fast is too hard to resist even though you know you shouldn't be doing it. It's just so exhilarating. I got taken out on it buy a female driver who didn't see me and pulled right out into my path. Excess speed was not the factor here. It was a 30mph road and I was doing about 34. I could have been on my pcx and it still would have happened. Even at that low speed the impact was heavy enough to send me somersaulting over the front of my bike and both vehicles were written off. You have to be so wary of cars pulling out of junctions on your near side who don't see you. I work on the basis that I'm expecting them to pull out so I'm ready to anticipate it.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

I've owned most Everything in the Bike World....Choppers, Sport Bikes, Cruisers, Adventure Bikes, Motards, Dirt Bikes, Enduros, Trikes,Tourers, Sport Tourers, Classics, Scooters, etc. ........and managed to ride Them ALL waaaay too fast at times, "most of the time, dragging metal parts"......I've tried to be much "tamer" the last couple of years, and don't ride with my "Rowdy Sport Bike Friends"..... :lol: ....."Spirited Cruising" is about all I participate in with my Scooter(s)..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Ayush

Post by Ayush »

skuuter wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:28 am I've owned most Everything in the Bike World....ChoppersGBWhatsApp APK, Sport Bikes, Cruisers, Adventure Bikes, Motards, Dirt Bikes, Enduros, Trikes,Tourers, Sport Tourers, Classics, Scooters, etc. ........and managed to ride Them ALL waaaay too fast at times, "most of the time, dragging metal parts"......I've tried to be much "tamer" the last couple of years, and don't ride with my "Rowdy Sport Bike Friends"..... :lol: ....."Spirited Cruising" is about all I participate in with my Scooter(s)..... ;) 8)
Ok, i know it's a 9 year old post...but, dude, how do you have that many bikes? o_O
leyo01
Year: 2017
Color: black

Post by leyo01 »

To prevent a scooter from falling over, there are a few things you can do:
anonymous instagram viewer
Use the kickstand: Always use the kickstand when you park your scooter. Make sure the ground is level and stable before you put the kickstand down.