Tucano Urbano Termoscud

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Tucano Urbano Termoscud

Post by EddieC »

Got my Termoscud in a couple weeks ago. Works GREAT!! Cuts the wind off my legs and keeps the "boys" nice and warm. Also rode it in HEAVY rain for 15 miles, and it kept my legs completely dry.

Pics of Termoscud deployed with seat cover:

Pics of termoscud rolled up for warmer weather.

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud

Post by maddiedog »

EddieC wrote:Cuts the wind off my legs and keeps the "boys" nice and warm.
:lol: Nice priorities.

Where'd you get it from?

Does it mount using just straps, or straps and adhesive?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

I got it from urbanrider.com, and it came to $170 after international shipping. Thats a LOT cheaper than they were about 3 months ago. Nice.

It all mounts with straps... a little confusing at first, but the finished product is a very, very good design. The only thing is the US spec turn signals get a little in the way of the straps that wrap around the front. I'll try to take some pics of how it mounts. No adhesives, but it does use the existing screw (exposed when you open your glove box) to hold a strap. To steal this without damaging it and not locked, would take about 5 min and a screwdriver. I take the neck strap and hook it under the seat to prevent theft a little more, and I'm trying to source a small cable lock to lock it between the handlebar mounts. I want it to be small so I can leave it locked at all times. It'll probably stay on the scooter until March or so.
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

My commute will be (I pick my new PCX up on Friday) 30 miles along quiet country lanes. I will be fitting one of these (with bar muffs) in time for winter. Can you tell me what the situatuation is once seated on the PCX please? How do you secure the cover while in the riding position, and have you had any issues with getting your feet in a tangle with the material when coming to a stop at lights etc.?

many thanks,

Bill
Image[/URL
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Theboybilly wrote:My commute will be (I pick my new PCX up on Friday) 30 miles along quiet country lanes. I will be fitting one of these (with bar muffs) in time for winter. Can you tell me what the situatuation is once seated on the PCX please? How do you secure the cover while in the riding position, and have you had any issues with getting your feet in a tangle with the material when coming to a stop at lights etc.?

many thanks,

Bill

Bought mine from here http://www.accessorimotostore.com/

Very competitive price even with shipping cost. Not ridden mine yet with it on as I just had a weeks holiday off work, and next day or two going to use my Deauville to ride to work
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Theboybilly wrote:...Can you tell me what the situatuation is once seated on the PCX please? How do you secure the cover while in the riding position, and have you had any issues with getting your feet in a tangle with the material when coming to a stop at lights etc.?
They are a top piece of kit. After a ride or 2 you just adjust to it. No problem at the lights. Has inflatable inserts on the bottom edges that stops it flapping in the wind and keeps it more rigid. The material is also fairly heavy & formed so keeps it shape.

There is the lower chest cover that I usually just fold under the cover unless it is bloody cold or pouring down. That thing has a strap that goes over your head (with a safety Velcro release) if feel the need to use it. Sometimes do.

Nobody.
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Thank you, that's just what I needed to know. All in all, a quality piece of kit it would seem.

Bill
Image[/URL
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

sorry, been away for a few days. I usually always take the chest cover and zip my jacket over it. Holds it in place fairly well. Only thing is, that it WILL mar your paint. After about 6000 miles of riding with mine on, there is definitely damage to the paint in multiple places. I will take pictures if you would like. The termoscud also comes with clear stickers to put on the bike to prevent paint damage, but I didnt use them as they seemed tacky, and I could care less about the paint job. Just shows I use it.
Allobar

Post by Allobar »

I'm having trouble getting the right side at the top where it goes over the ignition to mount.
It's not clear what to hook the strap around at all.
Did you just put it around the bottom of the key fob housing?
IF you could show the sections that it's damaging the paint would be appreciated.
I got the stickers as well but have no idea where i'd put them.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

That is just what we need for Fall and Winter riding. I couldn't get urbanrider.com to come up. Only a sign that says it is under construction. However, I did find it a scooter-wear.com. Guess we will be saving up for it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
BarryPCX
Year: Forza 300 2018
Color: Blue

Post by BarryPCX »

Mel46 wrote:.... I couldn't get urbanrider.com to come up. Only a sign that says it is under construction. However, I did find it a scooter-wear.com. Guess we will be saving up for it.
Try http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/scooter-leg-covers.html
potnoodle

Post by potnoodle »

I bought one of these for when it gets cold in the UK winter time. Tried it out for a few days to see if i liked it before i removed it for the summer months. Will fit it again with the bar muffs i got to when it starts to get a bit chilly.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I bought a decent pair of textile trousers. I'm not sure if I like the thermoscud idea.
BarryPCX
Year: Forza 300 2018
Color: Blue

Post by BarryPCX »

I guess it depends on the type of journeys you do.

With an end to end commute, proper warm/waterproof trousers are probably best.

If, like me, you use the bike to go only as far as the local railway station, the leg cover is ideal. No need to struggle putting on/removing waterproofs in an open-air cramped bike park. Bike gear is too hot and bulky for me to wear on the train.

Cheers,
Barry.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

I have one and used it throughout the winter, very good. I am quite large and I found that the fitting around the legs was a little tight, I will experiment with the fitting this winter.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

BarryPCX wrote:I guess it depends on the type of journeys you do.

With an end to end commute, proper warm/waterproof trousers are probably best.

If, like me, you use the bike to go only as far as the local railway station, the leg cover is ideal. No need to struggle putting on/removing waterproofs in an open-air cramped bike park. Bike gear is too hot and bulky for me to wear on the train.

Cheers,
Barry.
Your right. Never thought about that.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

Thank you for the pics and information! I have never used a "themoscud" in my other scooters, but the idea has always passed through my mind... having a look at your pics, it would be a good idea to purchase and install one in the PCX! ;)
EddieC wrote: Only thing is, that it WILL mar your paint. After about 6000 miles of riding with mine on, there is definitely damage to the paint in multiple places. I will take pictures if you would like. The termoscud also comes with clear stickers to put on the bike to prevent paint damage, but I didnt use them as they seemed tacky, and I could care less about the paint job. Just shows I use it.
Yes, we all would really appreciate if you could take some pics of the places where the paint would be damaged if we do not use the provided stickers. Thank you very much in advance! :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
QDizzle

Post by QDizzle »

I've had one of these and used it for the past 4 fours. It's really effective at keeping the rain and cold off my legs. I like the extra bit of material you get on the bit that covers my stomach so when parked up you can cover the whole seat with it pulled over, keeps it dry so no wet bum - however it is a bit of a stretch and could do with being a longer.

Couple of things I would mention though, after 4 years the bit of black plastic that touches the handlebars in the middle has cracked in a few places, guess it's due to temperature changes and the turning the handles bars puts stress on it. Secondly, the strap that goes over your neck is pretty strong, perhaps too strong. It's designed to detach in the event you come off so you're not still hooked up, I had the misfortune to come off my pcx one frosty morning and the strap didn't detached so was pulled along the ground by my neck as the bike slid along! I was only doing about 8mph so maybe at greater speed it would have broken off? On the plus side the covers protected most of the pcx from nasty scratches :)
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

Thank you very much for the very useful information about this cover, as is really interesting to read a full report about this Tucano product from an owner ;)

It is a pity that you came off from the PCX (we are glad that you were ok), and is good to know that the cover protected the scooter! ;)

By the way: Did you notice about the cover damaging the paint, or perhaps you did install the protective stickers?
2015 Honda PCX 125
QDizzle

Post by QDizzle »

Thanks pcxpower, tbh I've not noticed any paintwork damage. I gave the scoot a wash a few weeks ago and didn't see anything. I have the grey one if it makes any difference, perhaps certain colours show it up clearer?