Hello Out There!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Hello Out There!

Post by maddiedog »

You have got to go to Knoebel's! My wife's family is from Sunbury, PA and we go every time we're up there. The food's great, the atmosphere's fun, and the rides are awesome! It's CHEAP too! :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

maddiedog wrote:You have got to go to Knoebel's! My wife's family is from Sunbury, PA and we go every time we're up there. The food's great, the atmosphere's fun, and the rides are awesome! It's CHEAP too! :D
I'm from Ranshaw! (Near Shamokin, PA) Small world. I used to practically live at Knoebel's as a teenager hundreds of years ago.
Larry David
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Larry David »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi Kim, welcome aboard PCXer! To tell you the truth, I see gusty winds and I change my plans. Because I can. I do not commute to/from work. All for pleasure and at comfortable and joyful speed, say 45-50. Though I'd like having the extra power to go 65 for those now and then faster roads. So do tell, what color is yours? :P
Why would you have a motorcycle like this and not commute on it? Dont get me wrong, its a reasonably pleasant ride but it's not something I would have just for fun.
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

so, Larry David, your question is, why would I not commute on my PCX. I actually have the answer on my profile... I am lucky enough to be retired after 30+ years of working for corporate America. my commute nowadays consists of going to the Y 5 days a week to work out and life guard a couple of those days. so, I guess I do commute on my scooter, about 20 miles round trip. a day. and a wonderful commute it is! ScooterKim
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Larry David wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Hi Kim, welcome aboard PCXer! To tell you the truth, I see gusty winds and I change my plans. Because I can. I do not commute to/from work. All for pleasure and at comfortable and joyful speed, say 45-50. Though I'd like having the extra power to go 65 for those now and then faster roads. So do tell, what color is yours? :P
Why would you have a motorcycle like this and not commute on it? Dont get me wrong, its a reasonably pleasant ride but it's not something I would have just for fun.
I'm "Guessing" I'm older than you Larry David :| my definition of retired is No commuting. Some folk continue to work, but not this kid! (Did I say kid? Hmmm,....I'm liking the sound of that!!) :P I'm riding for the Fun of "It".... .on a PCX ! Cheers & happy trails to All!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The basket on the back of the scooter can be good, but also bad. I can't explain it but when I put a basket on the back of my scooter I had some cross wind problems that I did not have when I put my Givi tailbox on instead. I still can't explain why the basket would cause a problem, but it did.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

Larry David wrote:
I bought my PCX just for fun. No commuting for me. I ride for hours just for the fun of it!!
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Indyglow wrote:
Larry David wrote:
I bought my PCX just for fun. No commuting for me. I ride for hours just for the fun of it!!
The funny thing for me is...I bought my PCX for mostly fun. I didn't think I would do a lot of commuting on it, but now that I am having a so much fun on it, I commute on it all the time too (weather permitting). With the new Ermax windscreen the commute is much smoother as well!
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

I try to run most of my errands with the PCX, not quite sure it adds up, but it's fun! I just hooked her up for 3 weeks of vacation and I'm sure she'll end up in the Mountains! Put-in-Bay is another destination (Ohio) Another scooter destination outside of Key West!!!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I ride mine to and from work almost exclusively, which totals nearly 300 miles a week.
I use it for local shopping trips maybe about once a month.
The last time I got on it to go for a ride around just for the fun of it was in the summer of 2011.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

I also purchased my PCX just for fun rides and as a learner bike while introducing myself to motorbiking. But, I now "commute" 2-3 days a week to my "job" as a volunteer at the local SPCA. Even my "commute" is a fun ride though.

Don
former50cc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by former50cc »

No reason why getting to work can't be a fun ride. I bet working as a volunteer is reward enough, however an enjoyable ride to get there makes you just that much more happy.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

By the way Maddiedog, my wife's family live in McClure, PA. My wife is from State College. She and her dad went to Penn State.
Last edited by Mel46 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Small world.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

My "commute" consists of a 10 mile two lane, nice curves, mostly wooded. And my PCX is about 2,800 miles away. :x We are retired, but my wife likes "fun summer jobs" in interesting places. I am a boat captain, and my job this summer is driving a whale watch boat. A new owner this year, so I have to commute between different sides of the island we are on (he has operations on either side of the island)... and driving my diesel truck makes my heart hurt just a little every time I drive that pretty two lane... I miss that PCX.

Oh well, two months to go, and we'll head back to our scooters. I plan to hitch 'em up behind the RV and take 'em someplace fun to ride.

Before you ask, there was no easy way to get the scooters here. We are living on our boat this summer, and didn't have the room to bring them.

Best wishes,
Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

Isn't retirement wonderful!!!
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

ScooterKim wrote:Isn't retirement wonderful!!!
My favorite job so far. ;)
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
Ayush

Post by Ayush »

Retirement? Your favorite job? So, what you gonna do after the retirement? Any plans.
I'm still in my job period and retirement is so far away now. GBWhatsApp APKBut whenever i think what i'm gonna do after retirement is that i'm gonna buy a PS and play games with my friends, kids & grandkids, and watch series :lol: Crazy, i know. But that's my thinking now. Let's see how my life gonna turn in furute after retirement.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

This thread and the writer are nearly 10 years ago…..
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Ayush

Post by Ayush »

But if they are around here, they can reply me, right? And i get to know the ideas of someone with experience. ain't that right? :)