Battery for 2018 PCX 125 UK

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Battery for 2018 PCX 125 UK

Post by cnikonpete »

Hi all,
I have already replaced my battery (a Yuasa) once on my 2018 PCX, and now it needs another one, the charging system is fine,and there's no parasitic draw. As the battery cost over £80, I am thinking of replacing it with a cheap make that has a 2 year warranty rather than the one year Yuasa gives.
As far as I can tell, the only difference is a slightly lower ampere rating ,(6 rather than 7 AH)
As I don't use the the stop start, what do you think?
The battery I've got in mind is listed for the 2017 model and the dimensions are the same,and it is an AGM type.

Thanks for your time
airhead83
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Battery for 2018 PCX 125 UK

Post by airhead83 »

I've used YUASA for years with no problems. Several I've used lasted for well over 5 years. But sometimes products fail.
As easy as the PCX's battery is to access, I'd give the cheaper battery a go. I doubt the difference in AH difference will matter. And a AGM is a big plus.
Unless you have a local vendor who you can exchange with and use the 2-year warranty if needed, you'll probably spend more in shipping/ handling to return a defective battery than it's worth. Like all things purchased today, sometimes it's cheaper to chuck-out and buy mew than it is to repair or worry with pro-rated warranties. And if you feel you're saving enough, go for it.
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Re: Battery for 2018 PCX 125 UK

Post by cnikonpete »

Thanks for replying, I've also had Yuasa although not quite at this price. I can't find the age of the Yuasa batteries as both of them don't seem to have date stamps that make any sense,or actually are date stamps.
Think I'll try the cheap ones, you're right about the warranty,not worth worrying about. They are under £30,prices are not going down for anything now.