Hi beam & fuel gauge issues

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

TN52
Year: 2015
Color: White

Hi beam & fuel gauge issues

Post by TN52 »

Hello everyone:
First time here. A few days ago I just got a new to me 2015 PCX 150. The scooter rides good but I noticed a couple issues: a) the high beam doesn’t work. Do the high and low beam on the same bulb? If not, what’s the type and name of the high beam bulb? I believe it should be LED. Instructions to change it out please. b) I fill it up full with gas but the fuel gauge doesn’t show full bars on the dash. It got stuck at the same less than half tank as before. Any suggestions to fix these issues please.
airhead83
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Hi beam & fuel gauge issues

Post by airhead83 »

In case you don't have one already. From Honda's website... Here's a PFD Owner's Manual for a 2015 PCX.
Believe it or not, there's always lots of good information in Owner's Manuals.
And yes, the lamps are LED. Depending on how long the bike sat without being ridden, the fuel gauge may be "sticking" from sitting inactive in the fue tank. Try some type of fuel additive/cleaner for the next few fill-ups and see if it helps loosen up the sending unit.
https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/docum ... pcx150.pdf
TN52

Post by TN52 »

Thank you airhead for the manual. I read up on the headlight and I says to contact the dealer :(
airhead83
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by airhead83 »

From a previous discussion. Maybe doable, but not a quick and easy repair. Good Luck.
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?t=9785
TN52

Post by TN52 »

Thanks again airhead but this is for MY 2013 (halogen convert to LED). Mine scooter is 20215 so the light housing is completely different.