First ride on my 2014 Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Warlock1954
Year: 2014
Color: Red

First ride on my 2014 Forza

Post by Warlock1954 »

Did my first ride today. Around 130 miles on it. A little interstate riding at 80 mph. Then 2 lane hwy 55 to 60 miles per hr. My cousin was on his harley and was impressed with the scooter running 80. I prefer doing 70. I know it will run 80, but I don't like running it that fast. Had shocks set to the lowest setting and rode ok. With them set on the highest setting it was too harsh of a ride. I'm 215 lbs. Got some VSS shocks on order for it. In all well pleased with it. Been riding bikes all my life and this is my first scooter. I really enjoy the ride. Seems more enjoyable to me.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Re: First ride on my 2014 Forza

Post by davenowherejones »

even 70 is a bit fast for a 250 cc, Honda lied about it being a 300
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

It's actually 279cc so nearer a 300 than a 250.
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by ghmpm »

My Forza is much happier at 60-65 but as stated it will go higher as necessary, except up hill. :D
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I am turning 65 in a few months, I was Ralph Williams when I was born. I thought Williams Lake might be an interesting place for my 65 birthday. It is about 400 km from my house. Cache Creek is about 200 km from my house so Cache creek return would be Williams Lake one way. I got to Cache Creek and turned around. I got as far as Yale rest area toilets. I went in and peed. I got on the scooter to find my front wheel completely flat.My front fork is leaking and maybe I hit a pothole too hard. My rear shocks are also leaking.

I called my mechanic neighbour Vic to have him bring my decrepit Dodge Dakota for a rescue. I struggled to get the fat Forza loaded. I was exhausted. At 65 I am no longer capable of 400 km in a day, too many medical problems, strokes, diabetic, too many fractured bones

Williams Lake has nothing to do with my Williams ancestors. Way back in the day William was the first Name of the big Indian chief in the area. The lake behind his house was William's Lake

Maybe I will just go to Agassiz for Chinese food if I get my scooter fixed in time 78 km or Hope for Sushi, 10Km or Flying J truck stop fast food chicken 2KM walking. or frozen dinner from my freezer

I have ordered a new Heidenau K66 front scooter tire from Fort Nine Montreal Canada

I might make a seal saver from a plastic milk jug to stop the fork leaking.