Drive belt service and …..

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

hop

Drive belt service and …..

Post by hop »

Recently purchased Forza 300 with 20,000 miles. No service history, so gonna change the drive belt. What is the wisdom of replacing rollers or clutch pads?

Also, other than Honda brand belt from Thailand (Biker blitz), anyone have experience with Kevlar belts on amazon?

What is the size of this belt?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Drive belt service and …..

Post by davenowherejones »

I have over 100,000 miles on my Forza almost 300 and I have never replaced the rollers. I have never replaced the clutch pads. none of the belts last any better than the Honda stock belts My Forza mostly works until it don't. I have snapped a few belts. I need to replace them when Honda says so, but us Scottish, Welsh, people want to get our money's worth out of the belt. cheap bastards. All of the belts are probably made in the same factory in Thailand, just different packaging.
hop

Post by hop »

Thanks Dave. I’m ordering Honda belt from Thailand. Suppliers here in the States are triple the price.
So, other than snapping, how can you tell when. belt should be replaced, by looking at it? There were no markings inside the drive case to indicate a record of the belt ever being changed.

Oh yeah, when does Honda say to replace them?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I have had belts with chunks missing that worked fine. Honda says replace the belt every 16,000 miles 25,600 km. I have pulled out 16,000 mile belts that looked identical to new belt I put back in.

You are probably American and I bet your belt is probably the original factory belt. I just ride too much so I have snapped, replaced more belts than most people, too much fun! I am single with no children, I just ride. every 16,000 miles just replace it.