new member with a new 2022 PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Clinton777
Year: 2022
Color: White

new member with a new 2022 PCX

Post by Clinton777 »

Hello everyone,

I have owned a 2013 Honda PCX for many years. I love it! It runs great and has required little maintenance. I have a short commute to my work and primarily use it for that purpose. I get a fantastic parking space due to having a scooter which is a big plus for me. I also use it for trips to the store and some weekend scenic trips. I live in beautiful sunny Tucson AZ and ride nearly everyday.

During the pandemic I starting researching new PCX's. I read that they had a slightly larger motor (156) and were purported to achieve a top speed of 85 MPH (136 KPH) That seemed a bit far fetched to me, but I thought it certainly would be faster than my 2013. (My only slight complaint with my 2013 is that it tops out around 62.) Some of the roads I cruise I could use a little more speed to flow with traffic more safely.

The new PCX's are hard to find here in the states where I live. I found a white 2022 PCX in Phoenix, and bought it immediately without driving it, assuming it would be everything advertised and had it delivered to my door.

I love everything about it, the looks, the wheels are better than my 2013, the seat height is better for me. It looks cool!
But, the 2022 is not that peppy. Its not as quick off the line as my 2013. My Daughter and I went for a long ride and she rode the older one and had no trouble keeping up at all.
The top speed I have gotten so far is 68 mph (110 kph), and that was me in a full tuck and maybe a tailwind.

So much questions to you my fellow PCX ers :
What is a realistic top speed for a 2022?
Is there a break in period? ( my 2013 seems loose and happy, the new 2022 seems a bit "boggy" at certain rpms)
Are there any tune up or tweaks to improve performance?

Glad to hear any input or ideas.
Glad to be part of the club!

Clinton
Ranger2020
Year: 2021

Re: new member with a new 2022 PCX

Post by Ranger2020 »

I have seen 65 mph on my 2021 one time. I usually just ride it for what it is. I'll cruise anywhere from 45 to 55 mph . I have a Givi trunk & Givi tall screen, otherwise factory stock. Enjoy the ride R20
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Re: new member with a new 2022 PCX

Post by Jge64 »

There was some idiot on here a year ago that was claiming that his new PCX would do 85 miles an hour, I don’t know what he was smoking… Bottom line is the PCX , no matter what year, no matter how many valves, is a 65 mph bike. You can do mods to it , with roller /sliders /variators and get it into the 70s but that’s about it.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI