Poor gas mileage with Honda Forza 300

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Whitestix
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Poor gas mileage with Honda Forza 300

Post by Whitestix »

I bought a 2014 Forza 300 three years ago with 80 miles on it and it has been my daily runner since then with about 4K miles on it. Initially, I got about 60 mpg but recently it is getting about 45 mpg. I am not a wrencher beyond changing oil so I I have to rely on a local scooter mechanic for anything else. The performance of the machine seems the same as when I got it, peppy as can be, but what can be the reason for the poor gas mileage? The tires are properly inflated and I checked the brake calipers, but the wheels spin freely. What might be the cause of my dwindling gas mileage? Thanks.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Poor gas mileage with Honda Forza 300

Post by mymitzi »

Since you say it's your daily runner, maybe it's not getting up to operating temp enough. [averaging a bit over 1300 miles a year]
Fill it up and take it for a long ride and avoid high speed. Keep it under 50 mph for 50 miles.......you may notice an improvement.
High speeds and not getting it warmed up, may be a factor.
Whitestix
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014

Post by Whitestix »

Thank, I will take a long slow ride.
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

Make double sure your rear brake isn’t dragging
Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021

Post by Mon-Eye »

Has ot been serviced ? I would be changing the oil put every year. I'd also check the plug condition too. After that I'd check the brakes aren't binding before a ride and after some heavy braking. Brakes could be dragging once they are warm. check the drive belt and olers in the variator too. If the rollers have flat spots change them and if the belts getting thin or deteriorated then swap it too.
CBR1100XX blackbird (modified), CBR929RR Turbo, CBR600F Sport (modified), several beta trials bikes and endurance bikes