Forza 350 thoughts

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Tally

Forza 350 thoughts

Post by Tally »

I’m pondering a Forza 350 and having done plenty of research i booked a test ride. I’ve been on 600cc+ motorbikes for many years but fancy a change of scene and something more practical for a while. My thoughts are caveated with it was only a 1hr ride and my comments may be heavily influenced by me coming from a Tuono v41100. I’m 5”8 and 80kgs. Hope this post is useful to anyone pondering buying a Forza 350.

Its big and your legs are splayed but I could get my feet comfortably on the floor. Not flat footed but not far off and didn’t feel like I’d struggle to control it with a sudden stop etc. Pillion grab rails make moving it around easy and I got it out of the showroom backwards no problem at all. It’s not featherweight but i found it easy to move around.

The electronic screen is superb and puts the Forza above the tmax along with the extra cc. I was in my civvies and it was a cold day but the fairing and screen give great protection. I’d definitely put heated grips on though.

Comfort in the hour was superb and it made me feel that I’d happily do long trips on it as many of you do.

The suspension was fine and no where near as bad as I’d read. I was expecting it to be really soft and bottoming out but it was fine. Not sure if they’ve used firmer springs or thicker oil on the new bikes but it wasn’t banging on rough roads.

The jump from lights is superb and great fun and it happily sat on the motorway at 70+. Coming from powerful bikes I had to be
More circumspect about going in the outside lane as once it’s at 70+ it’s not got huge instant shove beyond that. Not a criticism just something I was conscious of.

I gunned it into a corner and became aware I was on much smaller wheels and tyres with lower grade suspension and wasn’t aware how much grip the tyres have in the wet. It’s obviously not a performance machine but I was aware I’d have to be less spirited with the smaller contact patch etc.

Build quality seems good. My only concern was when looking under the chassis there’s a lot of exposed wiring and parts and just wondered if they were protected? A question not a statement for sure.

Overall I was really impressed and the only stumbling block to me buying one is whether I get a Forza 350 or a panigale v2. The test ride confirmed what I’d already read and Its the scooter I’ll go for.

Hope that helps.
Tally

Re: Forza 350 thoughts

Post by Tally »

Forgot to say that the on off throttle transition whilst creeping in stop start traffic was less controllable than a bike with a clutch that one can slip. It was exacerbated by my being new to the bike so not super confident at walking pace. Noticed it was a bit annoying though, not lump or jerky just less controlled than a geared bike.