Forza Clutch weights Changeout ..

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your Forza. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Forza Clutch weights Changeout ..

Post by easyrider »

Start to finish on replacing clutch pads on Forza model using homemade tools . Overview of what the job entails and procedures I used . Afterwards the scooter ran satin smooth on start off and through out all speeds , turns , curves etc. Great improvement.FYI
https://youtu.be/JLL0Cg1YTRw
canthai
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Re: Forza Clutch weights Changeout ..

Post by canthai »

Great video.
Always a good idea to put some Blue Loctite on the big nut holding the clutch drum on, and any other critical fasteners.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Forza Clutch weights Changeout ..

Post by easyrider »

Thanks ..good advice for many....However I never in my life used any locktite. I have been doing this work for many years and never ever seen any fastener come apart or loosen once torqued properly. I find that thread locking chemicals only complicate removal in subsequent repairs and primarily used in manufacturing to prevent anything mistakenly not torqued properly on moving lines . Locktite and these chemicals were only widely used in perhaps the last 30 -40 years. Before that tightening was done by feel and torque specifications. The only failures I have ever seen was when someone forgot to tighten a fastener at all. Never seen a properly tightened (torqued) fastener loosen by itself.. Lock washers and of course double nuts were the go-to method in high vibration environments. I don't believe Honda recommends this chemical in this case.In addition the spring tension will act as vibration dampener on this nut.. Your point is certainly well taken and advisable in many installations.