USB Charging Cable

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

ipoverlord
Year: 2022
Color: White

USB Charging Cable

Post by ipoverlord »

Has anyone come up with a safe waterproof way to get the USB cable from the storage compartment out to a phone mount?
I was thinking of drill a little hole in the back of the compartment then feeding cable through a grommet and out the back and then up handlebar area.
Not excited about making a hole in the bike but not sure what options there are to use the existing USB port.
pcx888
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: pearl white

Re: USB Charging Cable

Post by pcx888 »

I just run a battery tender cable from battery to handle bars. The use a USB adapter.
2011 White PCX
Michelin Tire City Grip Front and Rear
Aftermarket Thai Seat.
JDM Front lights and Rear Lights and Fender.
NCY Variator, And Face and 13 Dr. pulley sliders.
Rear NCY 1000 contra spring.
NCY Textured clutch bell.
Mprime
Year: 2021
Color: White

Re: USB Charging Cable

Post by Mprime »

I have a 160 and faced the same issue while trying to tap into power for my GPS. I thought I could just get an adapter and run it through a hole/grommet up along the handlebar. Everything worked until it came to voltage. The USB-C to wire adapter would not supply the proper voltage due to the USB-C needing an additional wire in the terminal to tell it what voltage to send. I ended up with less than 3 volts at the pig tail. So, I took the windshield and upper body panel off and tapped the glove box plug before the port itself. I soldered the connections and used shrink tubing. Been rained on a number of times with no issues.