Question about ABS brakes

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Slowlane
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Question about ABS brakes

Post by Slowlane »

I am new to the ABS brakes on motorcycles/scooters. My 2014 Forza 300 has ABS and I have a few questions for you riders. 1. How does it perform in a turn with a lite layer of sand if you were to use the left brake? 2. When stopping with an angle on the handlebars, with the ABS will the bike try to fall over? These are some of the problems that front wheel braking can create on non ABS bikes and I dont want to learn the hard way. Thanks, Slowlane
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Question about ABS brakes

Post by davenowherejones »

ABS only comes on if you panic stop so don't panic on sand be smooth
jimmyb
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Post by jimmyb »

ABS is designed to stop the brakes locking, so as you apply the brakes, if the system senses the brakes locking they are released, this happens very quickly that the riders normally does not notice but provides smoother braking. Also note that your brakes are combined.
Keep the rubber side down

Regards Jimmy B
Honda Forza 300 (2015)
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by ghmpm »

I have a 2012 Silver Wing with ABS and a 2015 Forza w/o ABS. I can't remember the ABS ever being needed on the big bike, interesting the Forza brakes are actually better at stopping than the 600. Not sure why, perhaps better pad materials?
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300