2022 PCX 150A ?s

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

theschuman
Year: 2022
Color: White

2022 PCX 150A ?s

Post by theschuman »

I’m new here and just bought a new 2022 PCX 150A. I have some questions and was hoping the forum members might be able to help out.

1. Are there any tall/heavier riders out there who have replaced the seat on a 2021/22 PCX? I’m 6’2” (188 cm) and the “bump” gets in the way when I try to move back? Also, I’m 220 pounds (100 kg), so I’m also looking for the seat to have good cushioning/support. Any ideas?

2. Where can one get a tall (see through) windshield for the 2021/2022 PCX?. I ride year-round in Connecticut, so I need a lot of wind protection when it gets cold. My Vespa has a tall windscreen that is over my head. I actually have to look through the windshield, like in a car. Is there a similar, very tall windshield for a new model PCX?

3. Does the PCX tend to increase in top speed after a couple of thousand miles? I’m still in the initial 300 mile “break in” period and taking it easy while riding. But the PCX doesn’t seem “freeway-capable” in term of speed. After the 600 mile and 4000 mile oil changes, can I expect the top speed to increase?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Re: 2022 PCX 150A ?s

Post by Jge64 »

1. Many people find a local upholstery shop that can reconfigure the seat to get rid of the hump, some here have done it themselves.
2. Givi and others make a super tall windshield, do a search here , many have done it.
3. It may get 1 mile an hour faster and settle in the low 60’s for top speed, but it’ll never be interstate capable, not only from a speed standpoint but from a weight standpoint…. the bike gets blown around quite a bit if hit a strong wind. This is the sole reason that I traded up to a 300. Take a back road and enjoy the bike.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Ranger2020
Year: 2021

Post by Ranger2020 »

Im about the same height, a little heaver. Ive gotten used to the seat, really dont think its that bad. The windshield I got was the Givi 1190 DT. Teminds me of the tall screen on my Silverwing. Quiet & no bugs. I live in a rural area & the hard shell beetles felt like I was getting shot at. For my riding style, Ive lost 3-5 mog, its worth it to me. Makes the ride much more enjoyable. AS far as speed,68 mph is best Ive seen. That was w/ stock screen. One attempt to see what it would do was enough. Was on 4 lane w/70 mph limit. Passing trucks pushes the PCX around quite a bit.
theschuman
Year: 2022

Post by theschuman »

Thanks for the responses.

Regarding freeway use… I drive my Vespa GTS 300 on the freeway regularly, so I’m used to getting pushed around, but the Vespa is 60 pounds heavier than the PCX. Can the PCX handle wide-open- throttle riding for extended periods of time (after the break-in period and initial service, of course)? I had a Yamaha Vino 125, and frequently rode WOT, for miles and miles, without any I’ll effects. How about the PCX - it has a reputation for being rather bulletproof, so I hope that’s the case even with WOT riding.