rear spring replacement, bolt on upgrades?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Olds442
Year: 2022
Color: Stormtrooper

rear spring replacement, bolt on upgrades?

Post by Olds442 »

I'm around 220 lbs and experience bottoming out every time i leave the driveway.

since i'm already dieting and working out regularly, are there any replacement rear shocks for a bit of a stiffer ride? I'm okay with the ride height going up a tad but would prefer to keep it close to stock in height.

is there any "best rear shock" replacement favorite here in the PCX forums?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: rear spring replacement, bolt on upgrades?

Post by Jge64 »

If you are 220 you should not be bottoming out that shock I am 245 and my PCX was fine. Do you have your shock preload collars in the back set on the strongest preload?… You can find a YouTube on how to get it done and I think it’s in the owners manual.

Also you can get a set of YSS shocks off some of the Taiwan sites that will work fine for a couple hundred bucks. Here is one link.

https://bikerzbits.com/honda-pcx-160-ys ... -883m.html
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Olds442
Year: 2022
Color: Stormtrooper

Re: rear spring replacement, bolt on upgrades?

Post by Olds442 »

Jge64 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:16 pm If you are 220 you should not be bottoming out that shock I am 245 and my PCX was fine. Do you have your shock preload collars in the back set on the strongest preload?… You can find a YouTube on how to get it done and I think it’s in the owners manual.
i failed to find a how to for adjusting preload. upon inspection the shocks twist. is that how you set it?