Hurry Up and Wait

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

BobW55
Year: 2022
Color: White

Hurry Up and Wait

Post by BobW55 »

So I have a deposit down on a new 2022 PCX from a dealer in Ohio, for a delivery time of sometime in July.
I understand the chip shortages, covid and all the other obsicals in the way, but find it kind of hard at this point that better delivery times can not be given.
So here I sit like a little kid waiting for Christmas to get here. :D
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Re: Hurry Up and Wait

Post by outlander »

I work at a Honda dealership.

I've been told by senior sales management that they cannot order unit and have no idea what is arriving. It's whatever American Honda sends in. I can tell you very few units are arriving, it is mainly ATV and SxS which are made in South Carolina. I've never seen it this bad.

I tried to get a CRF300L for months, they couldn't take a deposit because they have no idea when the unit arrived. Eventually I got what I wanted. With 0 miles there was surface rust in the fuel tank neck. I filed a warranty claim with American Honda and they denied it.

They said once units leave the factory they do not cover them for rust. The bike had been in a container ship at sea for a good while, I suspect the severe heat and cooling cycles caused the rust.

I've not seen a PCX for 6 months, I saw the first ADV 150 a few weeks ago.

It will eventually come, just got to be patient.
BobW55
Year: 2022

Post by BobW55 »

I apppreciate the feed back.
Price was just too good to turn down. A couple of dealers near me had a 2021 in stock, but wanted almost $1500 more than what the Ohio dealer wanted.
With gas prices going the way they are, Honda is really going to miss out.
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

Similar situation here... Except the dealership (frontline employee, not necessarily someone in the know...) told me that they aren't even ordering the PCXes anymore.

Or they might've said "We don't get the PCX150 anymore, only ADV150s"..... Which is also true, as the PCX150 has been discontinued and being replaced with the "PCX", not the PCX160 designation in other countries.

Wondering if I should just wait for an ADV160 at this point...
Ranger2020
Year: 2021

Post by Ranger2020 »

Hey Bob. Any word on new bike yet?