Realigning Front Tire with Forks

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

LADRECH
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Realigning Front Tire with Forks

Post by LADRECH »

Hi all,

I recently purchased a used 2013 PCX and unfortunately during the process of transporting it my front tire has significantly come out of alignment with the front forks (image attached). I tried doing the age-old twist between my legs and up against a wall and it won't budge. Has anyone encountered this issue and if so, is there a way to adjust?

Much appreciated,

Kyle
Attachments
IMG_4699.JPG
IMG_4699.JPG (309.57 KiB) Viewed 6511 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Realigning Front Tire with Forks

Post by you you »

Bodywork looks misplaced on the right of the bike too. Looks like it will need a partial strip down to see the extent of the damage.

Who transported the bike? If it a professional company they will have insurance to cover this.
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Post by power-full »

I don't think it was in transport. if you notice the tire on the left side of the bike, the tire is flaking which means that it has a few kilometers done like that already crooked...
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..
Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: Red

Post by Mon-Eye »

I'm going to say the forks are bent. And its definatly got something going on with the bodywork too so ig guess it could be bent under their too.

Remove the mudguard and wheel and rotate the fork lower as might indicate if bent. Defibatly remove the whole front fairing assembly too
CBR1100XX blackbird (modified), CBR929RR Turbo, CBR600F Sport (modified), several beta trials bikes and endurance bikes
comecamino
Year: 2011
Color: Black

Post by comecamino »

you you wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:59 pm Bodywork looks misplaced on the right of the bike too. Looks like it will need a partial strip down to see the extent of the damage.

Who transported the bike? If it a professional company they will have insurance to cover this.
+1

The other thing is that maybe some bolts are not tightened enough.

I would dissasemble everything and see where the problem lays. Probably is something stupid, specially if the scooter didnt have the problem before the transport.