troubleshooting

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

pdxrider
Year: 2017
Color: blue

troubleshooting

Post by pdxrider »

Bought a 2017 PCX 150 last week. Replaced a bent left side brake lever today. Now the bike won't start with brake engaged (does start with right brake engaged), and there is no brake lamp when left lever activated (right brake lever does activate brake lamp). Wiring on left handle area seems to be intact........any ideas?
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: troubleshooting

Post by mymitzi »

There is a switch that has a pin that pops out when you squeeze the lever. Check with good lighting if that pin is popping out when the lever is
squeezed. If it is stuck or broken you wouldn't see the pin pop out.. the switch itself may be bad. My PCX is 2013 so I'm not sure this info is
relevant for a 2017............but might be.
pdxrider
Color: blue

Post by pdxrider »

Pin appears to pop out and push in as brake lever engages. Switch or connection perhaps.......worked prior to lever replacement, not sure how I may have compromised it. Thanks.
johnny
Year: 2019
Color: grey

Post by johnny »

similar problem, replaced left lever on 125, pin moves on and out but bike wont start, grateful for any advice
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

Does the new lever actuate the switch when the lever is pressed? Couple be that something is bent and not pressing the switch.

Can you try to manually press the switch with your finger or flathead and does that cause the brake light to turn on?

Can you disconnect the connections on the back of the switch and touch the terminals together? Does the Brake light turn on?

You have to troubleshoot.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator