Workbench(es)

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Workbench(es)

Post by WhiteNoise »

So Jealous! My favorite Ruckus! and...
on a simple & smart home built stand! Priceless! Crop that photo and frame it!! :P
Guessin' you used galvanized lag bolts, Lagerhead? (No pun intended, just came out that way ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Lagerhead wrote:I just built a simple table with pressure treated wood and leave it out in the yard all year. When it's not in use it nestles up next to the deck and blends in enough that it's not quite the eyesore. :)

New tires by benandangie, on Flickr
What is the teething in the right of the shot?
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

@Whitenoise, Yup, used the good hardware too. I think I ended up with about $130.00 into it plus whatever it costs to seal it every year.
you you wrote: What is the teething in the right of the shot?
If you mean the white PVC pipe things, It's a yard / drinking / skill game called "Ladder golf"

The red thing is a Harbor Freight Motorcycle tire changer.

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Dragging this thread out of the depths. Yep, I'm still trying to solve me workbench dilemma. I have a pattern now of seeking one come every late fall. Now I've perhaps chosen a crazy and unstable solution. Don't know.
Just today, I ordered a Durabench from Costco online. I had gotten their flyer and it listed it on sale for $99.99 with free shipping. So I did some measuring of the scoot and the garage area and took a leap of faith.
I plan on using it in it's lowest leg height position of 22" with a 6' ramp to roll the scoot up. This also has electric strip, and hardware pockets and unit has 2 table tops. Got to read it to get what I'm saying >Took me awhile to myself.

Here's the do-it-all household bench/scaffold. If it doesn't do the trick for the scoot then I might be painting instead o_O
http://www.costco.com/Durabench-%7C-2-i ... 01&refine=
Attachments
Durabench.jpg
Durabench.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Shame I don't have access to this lift anymore. This was my first Honda sitting so pretty
Redi-Whip forum.jpg
Redi-Whip forum.jpg (56.88 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx man »

Here is a site on building your own work bench:
http://bbcracing.com/the-box/
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks pcx man! I'm trying to avoid making a stand but it would be a fun project.

Today I was on another website looking at this on sale: http://www.nhproequip.com/pro-1200max-m ... e-shipping
image.jpg
image.jpg (42.64 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
Free shipping now offered.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Then there's this lift at Harbor Freight that I have a 20% off coupon for
http://t.harborfreight.com/automotive-m ... -8495.html
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Update.
The Durabench I ordered, arrived two days ago. The box was a bit beat up. Found a dent but it didn't do any harm. Very well made and durable. Set it up in garage and propped it next to scoot. Not going to work! :| Not enough length to it to feel comfortable about. I took a chance with this. I knew that. Still I hemmed and hawed about returning it. It was a very good deal. But, I packed it back up, loaded it into truck and returned it to Costco. (NO I was not going to paint this winter either. What was I thinking when I wrote that! Boo! NoNo!

So, I'm still on the hunt.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I don't read why you need one of those bigger contraptions Whitenoise? Just Jack stand it for good monk cleaning, wheel removal, oil change
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Hey Homie, you posted that before and it looked a good solution at the time and now :) Do you believe the floor bed of the PCX in that area is really up to standing the weight of the pcx? Is there nothing that could crack/break?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

iceman wrote:Hey Homie, you posted that before and it looked a good solution at the time and now :) Do you believe the floor bed of the PCX in that area is really up to standing the weight of the pcx? Is there nothing that could crack/break?
I've used it many times from frequent cleaning to wheel stripe application and its perfectly sound and stable with no damage to the little PCX. Check Craigslist before you go to Harbor Freight for new as there are always people who have bought them for bigger bikes and chickened out. 35-50 bucks second hand is a good deal. Just remember to leave the center stand down when you drop it back to earth, and you don't have to go that high to get things done... I was clowning around.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm with iceman. Made me nervous just watching you swing and sway her. So doing an oil change with her on that lift is easy? No rock n roll jiggling about as you unbolt? I wish I could trust this. It certainly would save me $$$. Yer report claims no plastics cracked. Hmm. Maybe after several uses? When Stress sets in? Dang! It sure is an easier way to go!
What lift Ya got there homie? The manufacturer? It looks brand new. Yeah, I'm all over Craigslist just waiting for Stuff to pop up.
I'd like to build a wood box, but don't know if my back will cooperate through the job. I'd have fun with it and I'd be proud afterwards. It Must be able to store aside in this single garage.

The big lifts I've mentioned/shown above, I might be able to drive over in its lowered position. But I Would have to check that out first b4 any purchase. Still undecided.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I dig lagerhead's home made base above. Simples, used with a ramp. You can custom it too. But! It doesn't fold or unfold in pieces to store aside. I have to keep looking at more DIY "plans."
Do most of you crawl around and lay on the floor still? Or kneel on cold concrete? I will only if I have too, and then pay for it later.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Its all about wheels off the ground... how do these work benches get the wheels off thee ground?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm guessing choices are: Scissor jacks, bottle jacks, front and rear wheel stands, tie downs and nerve.
Some folks even drop a tiedown strap from a ceiling (joist) eyebolt and wrap/tie the bike steady while propped up. I've seen a lot of stuff lately perusing youtube and the www. What's right for me? I'm over thinking this I'm sure :geek:
"It's All About That Base, All About That Base...."(not trouble) :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:I'm guessing choices are: Scissor jacks, bottle jacks, front and rear wheel stands, tie downs and nerve.
Some folks even drop a tiedown strap from a ceiling (joist) eyebolt and wrap/tie the bike steady while propped up. I've seen a lot of stuff lately perusing youtube and the www. What's right for me? I'm over thinking this I'm sure :geek:
"It's All About That Base, All About That Base...."(not trouble) :lol:

Don't. My daughters have been teasing me about this. Knew it was bass but didn't know it was treble :cry:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you do know why the girls are "all about that bass" right?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Another self-made table/bench I saw on another forum.
Again, Kudo's to those making something themselves, whatever that might be. Soo Proud ;)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (101.39 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

These look good if you have the space, i'm not going to ride up though. Walk it up would seem a challenge for bigger bikes and older bones. Kind of a trade off for the knees if you can... get it up (that's what she said).
I know you have one of these WN... how do you get comfortable with that moment of commit or tumble?