Maintenance procedure after stagnation.

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Robi
Year: 2011
Color: White

Maintenance procedure after stagnation.

Post by Robi »

Good morning everyone, as the temperatures are rising I'm preparing my Honda PCX, 125 from 2011 for the roads again. This is the first scooter I have ever owned (let alone a motorcycle) and was just curious about maintenance as I am still learning a lot about it. I have already changed the oil once, (I was recommended to change it every 3000km) but I haven't done anything else other than that maintenance wise (I have done roughly 5000KM so far), I was curious what exactly should I buy and change before hitting the roads again? I was thinking of changing the spark plug and every fluid (transmission, engine oil, coolant, also the air filter, etc.). Any opinions? Also, anything to improve performance? :)
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Re: Maintenance procedure after stagnation.

Post by Ganglylamb »

Just follow the maintenance schedule as suggested by the service manual:
maintenance schedule pcx.png
maintenance schedule pcx.png (131.46 KiB) Viewed 336 times
Also if its been standing a long time definitely check tires for wear and pressure.
Robi
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by Robi »

I don't have the manual since I bought it second hand (should probably find a pdf online of it), that's really useful. Also, it's been standing for roughly 4 months, been standing on the center kickstand but the back tire has lost some pressure, should check the wear on the front tire as well.

According to the manual I shouldn't really be changing it... I believe changing it too often can also lead to some problems in the future, right?
Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: Red

Post by Mon-Eye »

Robi wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:01 am According to the manual I shouldn't really be changing it... I believe changing it too often can also lead to some problems in the future, right?
Changing fluid more regularly will never cause problems in the future. I do the oil every year on my big bikes as once oil has been heat cycles it will break down with time. Brake fluids always a good one to change as most folks done ever change that either and it may just save your life one day of you rely on it too

Always good to check wheel bearings / play and headstock bearings / play. Maybe do the cvt belt if its never been done
CBR1100XX blackbird (modified), CBR929RR Turbo, CBR600F Sport (modified), several beta trials bikes and endurance bikes