Dash Cam

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: Red

Dash Cam

Post by Mon-Eye »

Anyone running a dash cam on their PCX ? I have hard wired gopros on my other bikes but wonder if theirs a better alternative maybe
CBR1100XX blackbird (modified), CBR929RR Turbo, CBR600F Sport (modified), several beta trials bikes and endurance bikes
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Re: Dash Cam

Post by DAB »

Innovv K5, but on an 1100 Yamaha. I will put one on the Forza 350 when it arrives.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mon-Eye »

DAB wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:51 am Innovv K5, but on an 1100 Yamaha. I will put one on the Forza 350 when it arrives.
Cool so you rate the innovv k5 then if your buying another then
CBR1100XX blackbird (modified), CBR929RR Turbo, CBR600F Sport (modified), several beta trials bikes and endurance bikes
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DAB »

The sound is rubbish but I think it's been upgraded since the video is good enough and it is always on.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It obviously depends on how good you want the picture to be. If you are using it as a dashcam for capturing traffic just in case there is an accident, then any dashcam will work. I have mine mounted on the inside of my windshield and it does the job I installed it for. I had a GoPro there but thought that it was a waste of a good camera for just capturing traffic. I also have a side mount for when I wish to attach the GoPro to capture scenery during a ride. Both of the cameras can plug into a double USB port that I have wired to my battery under the seat.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mon-Eye »

Mel46 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:26 am It obviously depends on how good you want the picture to be. If you are using it as a dashcam for capturing traffic just in case there is an accident, then any dashcam will work. I have mine mounted on the inside of my windshield and it does the job I installed it for. I had a GoPro there but thought that it was a waste of a good camera for just capturing traffic. I also have a side mount for when I wish to attach the GoPro to capture scenery during a ride. Both of the cameras can plug into a double USB port that I have wired to my battery under the seat.
To be fair mostly as a dash cam but also so I can use the footage on my YouTube if its of any relevance or funny too. Logic is a can get a hero 3 for £40 and hard wore it for another £30. My guess is thats got to be better than any days cam. But do like the idea off having GPS date from a days cam