Buying decisions - I miss my Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jonestownpadude

Buying decisions - I miss my Forza

Post by jonestownpadude »

After some debate about a new PCX, I think I want to get back into a Forza. I had a 2014 I sold 4 years ago. Regretting it. So, I’ve found a few. Most are $4k. Found a 2015 with 200 miles (basically new) and another with 600. Also one with 8500 miles. Well maintained. What would you go for at roughy the same price? Any concerns with a low mileage one that’s been sitting? Any sitting, I’ll have to change fluids, etc, increasing the price overall. Also, where is the VIN located? I forgot - whatever I buy wanted to make sure it matches the title. Thanks!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Buying decisions - I miss my Forza

Post by davenowherejones »

Low mile Forza probably have outstanding recalls. 7 year old scooters. Are the re-call parts still available.

Theoretically they need new tires but I would use them up anyway.

Some shops will not work on older rare scooters.

My 2014 has over 100,000 miles on it and more today.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Dave makes a good point. I bought my 2014 in 2018 with only 1300 miles on it. Had to get the new fuel pump [free recall]
The other recalls showed having been done. Think you can research with the VIN # to find out what has and hasn't been
done. [recalls] A good [long] test ride should help......definitely want to get it up to operating temp and various speeds.
Having had one..............should be easy. Hope you find your Forza in the bunch.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mymitzi »

The VIN # is under the seat. Remove document compartment then remove clips to remove tool box. VIN is under there.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mymitzi »

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/vinLookup There is also a sticker under the dash[above your left foot when sitting on scooter]
Best to take a picture with phone/camera. That site will show any recalls not dealt with.
jonestownpadude

Post by jonestownpadude »

Thanks everyone! Still debating. Tempted to get a low miles Forza. Has anyone driven a Burgman 200?
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by ghmpm »

Personally I would get a low mileage one if prices are comparable. My 2015 had 13K on it in 2020 when I bought it. VERY clean and I am happy with it. Will change the belt next month. I checked my VIN when I bought it and no outstanding recalls (checked again just now with same results).

If you have a choice between one with the shorty windshield and a larger one...get the larger one. IMHO the shorty screens are near useless!!! My 2 cents.
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I like my taller screen