Just picked up a 2011 pcx what do I do first ?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Atom123456
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Just picked up a 2011 pcx what do I do first ?

Post by Atom123456 »

I would to upgrade and put wider tires . I would definitely like a little more punch off the line and some more top end even 5mph . It’s only 30 degrees here in ny , does it make the scooter a little slower , I know it’s fuel injected does it compensate for colder temps . You guys know of anyone good on Long Island n.y. to get mods done ?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Just picked up a 2011 pcx what do I do first ?

Post by Mel46 »

Make sure the oil has been changed recently. If not, change it. Next, check the belt. A new belt makes a lot of difference.
Now for the good stuff. This upgrade won't be as good as upgrading the piston, etc like some have done (https://www.yuminashi.eu/pgm-fi-tuning-8/), but these should give you higher topend and a bit quicker takeoff.

Go to the following website and buy the NCY variator and drive face. Then upgrade your rollers to 13 gram, though some have switched down as far as 11 gram.

https://www.corsportusa.com/i-18174-201 ... ulley.html

I hope this helps. Many new riders are opting for the newest version of the PCX, but then they miss out on the ability to upgrade, like we did when the PCX first came out. (I have a 2013 that runs like a dream and has all sorts of upgrades that may not make it as fast as the new PCX 160, but it does do 75 mph.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Atom123456
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Atom123456 »

Thankyou for the suggestions, what is the computer tuning how expensive is it does it work ?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am not the person to answer that question,though I believe that some members who upgraded using the Yuminashi kit ended up buying an add on fuel controller to supplement the kit. I don't recall any of the members using computer tuning on the basic model PCX. Hopefully some of the old members are still active on this site. Maybe one of them can give you some input.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers