honda pcx v2021 repairs manual

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

retry
Year: 2014
Color: silver

honda pcx v2021 repairs manual

Post by retry »

Hey, bought brand new honda yesterday, looked on Haynes for repair manual- nothing only 2018-2020.. emailed them- received reply that they not planning to issue repair manual for 2021 version at the moment. So now im a bit confused what i need to do, i dont want to pay honda to check valve clearances, etc for silly money. i had 2013 pcx done everything my self, now it is 50k on the clock and still going, but i decided to get my hands on abs, led lights, new shape.
Maybe any one got any ideas? it looks like 2021 125 engine is different to 2020 pcx engine so valve clearances will be different?
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: White

Re: honda pcx v2021 repairs manual

Post by StillThumps »

Hello retry.. I wish I had a direct answer for your service manual issue. Here in the U.S. we only get the 2021 4 valve PCX 160. I ordered a factory service manual from my dealer for mine. Honda U.S. uses a company called Helm to print/supply Honda service manuals but they don’t show any manuals available for the 2021 125 PCX over here. I would suggest contacting your dealer to see if a factory service manual is available to be ordered. Anyway best of luck and enjoy your new scoot!
Cheers mate
retry

Post by retry »

thank you so much for suggestion! i will do
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

DC Parts (UK) can get service manuals and original Honda parts for PCX / Forza / Honda in general for cheap prices and they have a web site and FB prescence.
retry

Post by retry »

iceman wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:43 am DC Parts (UK) can get service manuals and original Honda parts for PCX / Forza / Honda in general for cheap prices and they have a web site and FB prescence.
stop advertising those rip off people, for the price that they sell it is easier to order directly from philipinnes.. is what they do, so why i cant do it myself???
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

retry wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:01 am
iceman wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:43 am DC Parts (UK) can get service manuals and original Honda parts for PCX / Forza / Honda in general for cheap prices and they have a web site and FB prescence.
stop advertising those rip off people, for the price that they sell it is easier to order directly from philipinnes.. is what they do, so why i cant do it myself???
Wow - try to help and get blasted. The price DC parts (UK) charged people on FB for paper manuals for UK spec bikes was much cheaper compared to prices I've been quoted in the past from dealers, and many will not sell you paper manuals. Ordering anything from abroad to the UK is now very costly and takes ages. Helm charge a fortune for shipping, and if you can get a manual from far over-seas it will not be for the UK version.

If you can do it yourself, why come on here asking for advice and help in the first place, especially with sourcing a how to manual.

Hopefully last time I offer to help a prize 'd***' like you with anything
retry

Post by retry »

it is not about you doing bad for helping, it is bad that you advertise cowboy sellers.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Advertise? - thought it was the 1st time I mentioned them, certainly hardly at all. So many seem to support them on the FB Forza group and I've never seen a single complaint bar yours, as you seem to have a beef with them. They mentioned a price of £20-25 for a Forxa 125 hard copy service manual to someone on that group which is a good price (Forza 125 a UK/europe bike to my knowledge).

The prices they quote seem good (a gasket for the PCX CVT cover was qouted £11 to me which is far cheaper than I could find anywhere else searching google) - it may be $5 US prices but getting it here costs much more than that (one europe site wants 24 euro + 16 postage!)

You still asked for help getting the manual in many places on this forum, yet say you can get it yourself and do not need help to me when I offered one possible place you can get it.