Power loss

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

MarkJ
Year: 2016
Color: red

Power loss

Post by MarkJ »

On a recent ride my 2016 Honda Forza 300 lost power three times (once dropping to 10mph before slowly gaining full power). I returned home rather than continuing the several day ride planned - had no problem for the 200 miles coming home. Any thoughts on the cause and possible solution? I'm reluctant to start a long trip with this unresolved, but don't know how to troubleshoot an intermittent problem like this.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Power loss

Post by davenowherejones »

Silly suggestion. How much gas did you have?

The Forza gas gauge is silly. I use Trip B to remind me when gas is needed. Reset every fill.
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Re: Power loss

Post by Austins »

Was it sudden engine cut off or gradual slow down...!?

It could be a lot of things, if intermittent hard to diagnose...

Check engine kill switch, maybe open and clean it if dirty and not work smoothly, also side stand switch could have a bad contact...

Perhaps next check the spark plug, open and have a look...

Then you need to move on to fuel and fuel delivery, maybe bad fuel, or fuel injector dirty...

You can also take it to Honda and ask them to put it under the computer, takes 5 min and they can see if anything flags as bad..., they guy who put mine said it shows just about any fault except bad spark plug - he was right as bad idle issue with mine was due to that, but he didn't see it when checked the plug...!!!, I changed it later and found the issue was fixed...