Average mpg

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Keith
Year: PCX 2012 now 20
Color: White now red

Average mpg

Post by Keith »

Having just changed my PCX 2012 to a 2018 model I was interested to see if the fuel consumption was any different. Over a seven year period, I averaged 125 mpg on the early one and after three fuel ups on the latest model It shows an average of 150 mpg.
I find this hard to believe and as the latest model has digital screen I regularly look at the average mpg display. It registers a high 160 most of the time. I was also curious about this display. After a fill up, and re setting the trip and average to zero. It registered over 80 mpg even before I had completed half a mile, I have now done 5miles and it is displaying 170 average mpg. Not sure how this is meant to work and wonder if it is just not working properly.
I would be interested to hear any comments on this please,
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Average mpg

Post by mymitzi »

I have a 2013 PCX [w/o the computer] and routinely get around 130 mpg USA [during summer] Think with "your" gallon, 150 mpg may be accurate.
My Forza does have the computer and it agrees with a calculator [close] much of the time. Really amazing [accuracy]. Enjoy your new ride..........
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Keith wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:04 am After a fill up, and re setting the trip and average to zero. It registered over 80 mpg even before I had completed half a mile, I have now done 5miles and it is displaying 170 average mpg. Not sure how this is meant to work and wonder if it is just not working properly.
I would be interested to hear any comments on this please,
That's exactly as you would expect and its working correctly.
When you zero the trip you start with an indicated average of 0 mpg, when you start moving the average increases.
Further you travel, the more accurate the average reading becomes.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

my 2016 is averging 119 miles per gallon
HondaC110
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Post by HondaC110 »

The poor little guy never leaves San Francisco and its attendant traffic, which is why I bought it. So, mid to low 90s mpg. There's not even an easy way to get out of the City on a small scooter.
If I'm gonna go up or down the Pacific Coast Highway I take the Bonneville.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

I average around 80-90mpg but i have mine tuned for acceleration so high rpms all day long.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

I get about ~70 mpg when riding my 2013 model non-stop WOT @ 74 mph.
I get about ~75 mpg when riding my 2016 model non-stop WOT @ 70 mph.

I sure wish I could get better gas mileage *and* maintain my speed. I believe that a CTX700 or NC700/750 should actually pull similar mileage numbers at these speeds... which is very interesting to me.