Wrecked and totaled

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Air Hadoken
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Wrecked and totaled

Post by Air Hadoken »

I was out for my first ride in weeks on Saturday, as I had been with family in Pittsburgh for two weeks up until the previous Sunday. It was just a short ride around some known roads, but on my way back into Worcester someone in the opposite direction started turning left in front of me and blocked my whole lane before seeing me and stopping. My Forza is non-ABS so when I braked hard to buy time and see if I could go around the car behind or in front, I instead just locked the wheels and went into a skid. Came down hard on my left leg as the bike turned, broke my leg badly, dislocated my knee, and totaled my Forza. I just got home from the hospital and looking at three months before I can put weight on my left leg. Everyone please be careful out there.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Wrecked and totaled

Post by davenowherejones »

I like ABS and I have used it very hard. No problems.
ghmpm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Re: Wrecked and totaled

Post by ghmpm »

I have ABS on my Silver Wing but not the Forza...just weren't any available when I found this one. Yes I am and will be careful. Hope you get feeling better soon!
Glenn

2012 Honda Silver Wing

2015 Honda Forza 300