Just need to say I'm blown away that people doubt and refuse to believe the 21 can hit 85mph

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Just need to say I'm blown away that people doubt and refuse to believe the 21 can hit 85mph

Post by ezrider »

Jwm78 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:12 am All of you non owners of 2021s sure sure a bunch of haters,envious jealous haters... Anything that you don't have just ain't good like the owners say right?bout sums all you haters up....jealous envious, haters...Now reply with some smartass bullshit like lil haters do,get all mad and embarrassed/ashamed and then you'll call some names like all lil haters do...Now go ahead and show yourselves to everyone..go ahead and reply exactly how I said you will with some bs nasty remarks and call some names in that order..come on do as the world knows you do,you won't be able to not do it,can't help yourselves,you know you can't.... Come on say some petty shit about punctuation or grammar or something stupid non subject related, come on you know you can't help it,you just gotta do it...it's something you should talk to a psychologist about really. I go ahead do as history shows you have to,call some names,say some bs and show your lil hater selves
Hey jwm, is there a reason that you stopped posting on the Owner's thread on this forum? Haven't seen you there in a month, during which time, fellow-owners are reporting lower mph/top speed numbers. Or, are those participants among your targets, and why you started your very own thread? Your fellow-Buckeye StillThumps, who started that thread, is reporting 65mph. He's in "Central Ohio", so you can't be too far apart and you may even have consecutive or proximate VIN numbers. I'm starting from the premise that you and your fellow-owners are not lying, but it would sure be remarkable to find two or more '21 PCXs with such different performance results, assuming all are using the same measuring units and accurate gauges: we're talking cycling historical scoop here. I haven't seen another report of an 80-fast PCX of any vintage, at least not a stock one. You may have a unique and thus very valuable bike, probably especially to Honda! Again, assuming accuracy and honesty.

Then again, this is the internet.

Enjoy your ride, regardless.
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Re: Just need to say I'm blown away that people doubt and refuse to believe the 21 can hit 85mph

Post by vito »

I don't know how different the '21 is from the '19 that I own, but mine tops out at about 65 mph (I'm 190 pounds and I added a taller windscreen from National Cycle). If I needed/wanted something that could go 85 mph I would not have bought the PCX. This scooter is a load of fun and since it can handle roads with a 55 mph speed limit easily it can do more than run about town.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Perhaps this was all a typo misunderstanding (85 vs 65) and the OP is less blown away now.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

Someone seems a little upset their Speedo reads incorrectly. LMAO
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

2021 Honda PCX
2021 Honda PCX.
Make: Honda.
Model: PCX.
Engine: single cylinder.
Displacement: 156.9 cc.
Top Speed: 85 mph.
Price: 3799.
(The above is copied from an internet site: Top Speed. Take it or leave it as you will
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Interesting. What’s the link - I’d like to read the rest of what they have to say- thanks
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

2021 Honda PCX 2021 Honda PCX. 2021. Make: Honda. Model: PCX. Engine: single cylinder. Displacement: 156.9 cc. Top Speed: 85 mph. Price: 3799.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

That’s not a link, that’s not a road test, and it’s just another semi journalist repeating what he’s been told.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
fun2scoot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by fun2scoot »

Here's the link.
Just guessing that the "85" is a typo of the intended 65.
After perusing TopSpeed's pages for independent, trustworthy, and "hands-on" reviews on a half-dozen or so bikes over the years, it became obvious that the contributors are outstanding copy/paste artists who can fluff with the best. The writing is generally good but while they claim they "...do not maintain any direct relationship with the manufacturers other than for getting access to their products.", such disclaimers have no real meaning. Look at what's missing...a lot.
I'd wager that few of their staff of "full time writers" have ever even changed the oil in a bike. Still, when I want a more concise version of the Manufacturer's brochure, I include Topspeed in the list.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

It is hard to believe that the 2021 would have such capacity when the other years all top out at about 63 or 65...but at least there is some back up (from Top Speed at least) for the claim that the 2021"s MPH dimension is steroidal.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Jwm78 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:12 am All of you non owners of 2021s sure sure a bunch of haters,envious jealous haters... Anything that you don't have just ain't good like the owners say right?bout sums all you haters up....jealous envious, haters...Now reply with some smartass bullshit like lil haters do,get all mad and embarrassed/ashamed and then you'll call some names like all lil haters do...Now go ahead and show yourselves to everyone..go ahead and reply exactly how I said you will with some bs nasty remarks and call some names in that order..come on do as the world knows you do,you won't be able to not do it,can't help yourselves,you know you can't.... Come on say some petty shit about punctuation or grammar or something stupid non subject related, come on you know you can't help it,you just gotta do it...it's something you should talk to a psychologist about really. I go ahead do as history shows you have to,call some names,say some bs and show your lil hater selves
How'd you like to come upon this viscious character in the narrow isle of your library's Easy Reader section!?

Signed, little hating Fish
ezrider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ezrider »

fun2scoot wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:24 pm Here's the link.
Just guessing that the "85" is a typo of the intended 65.
After perusing TopSpeed's pages for independent, trustworthy, and "hands-on" reviews on a half-dozen or so bikes over the years, it became obvious that the contributors are outstanding copy/paste artists who can fluff with the best. The writing is generally good but while they claim they "...do not maintain any direct relationship with the manufacturers other than for getting access to their products.", such disclaimers have no real meaning. Look at what's missing...a lot.
I'd wager that few of their staff of "full time writers" have ever even changed the oil in a bike. Still, when I want a more concise version of the Manufacturer's brochure, I include Topspeed in the list.
Fluff is right; bull also. This is not a source for any actual testing; it is another internet opinion. "Topspeed" was/is just a brand. Even their copying and pasting is faulty: they have conflicting engine sizes for one. Note there is never a claim that they actually had a PCX, let alone rode one -so it's not fraudulent. The date is May, way before a PCX arrived on these shores. Plus, the link is irrelevant to the OP's post which is reportedly on on his own bike, which would make him much more relevant, regardless of credibility, than bikeless "topspeed".
Hafizf86
Year: 2021
Color: Pear White

Post by Hafizf86 »

I purchased my PCX on 8/18/21. I rode it 340 miles on county roads, through 3 thunderstorms. I started my journey in Dallas and ended in League City, TX. My total trip took 7.5 hours. When I started my journey, the odometer was at 0, and my gas mileage was avg 92mpg.

I weigh 200 pounds and I can confirm that this scooter will never make it past 65-67mph with the throttle completely open and leaning forward on the bike to make myself more aerodynamic. By the time I arrived at my destination, my avg had gone down to about 60mpg.

Whoever claims this scooter is hitting 85mph is being dishonest. Post your body weight and show me a screenshot of your lcd panel with the speedometer clearly indicating 85mph.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Hafizf86 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:11 pm I purchased my PCX on 8/18/21. I rode it 340 miles on county roads, through 3 thunderstorms. I started my journey in Dallas and ended in League City, TX. My total trip took 7.5 hours. When I started my journey, the odometer was at 0, and my gas mileage was avg 92mpg.

I weigh 200 pounds and I can confirm that this scooter will never make it past 65-67mph with the throttle completely open and leaning forward on the bike to make myself more aerodynamic. By the time I arrived at my destination, my avg had gone down to about 60mpg.

Whoever claims this scooter is hitting 85mph is being dishonest. Post your body weight and show me a screenshot of your lcd panel with the speedometer clearly indicating 85mph.
Typo. Should be KPH.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Jwm78 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:58 am Your lying,you don't own a 21 anything...I know your lying because I actually do own one and it does 80+mph all day long...you are just flat out lying....anyone who says it doesn't do 80+ is talking out of thier neck because thier envious and anyone who says they own one and it doesn't do 80+ is just flat out lying about owning it
I don't know if you have realized, but you seem to be the only one cussing and throwing things around.
Physics is physics, and fairly difficult to tweak as it doesn't even sleep during weekends.
Fun2scoot has clearly shown that in order to hit such speeds one needs to have significantly more power than stock. A few of us been tinkering with these engines for a while, so know what is possible and what is not realistic - especially from a stock engine.
But as someone has mentioned above - it is easy to settle this. Just install a GPS software on your phone, and show us the real numbers.
Daniel F G
Year: 2021
Color: pearl white

Post by Daniel F G »

I am an owner of a 2021 Honda PCX. I wish it would go 80 mph, heck I would be happy if it would do 70mph. It will not hit 70 mph. Top speed is around 65 that's it. Whoever said he hits 80 mph every day all day long I believe is a big fibber. Somewhere on the web it lists too speed of 80+ mph. I can only dream that were true. I wish this scooter was not restricted. I believe the cvt is restrictive and filing the ends smooth of the disc that holds weights is a way to overcome this restriction. Can anyone offer a replacement cvt so that I can overcome this or any other restriction so that I may realize a higher top end? Thank you. Sincerely, Daniel Garde
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I think we all agreed months ago this guy was a troll… The post never really made much sense…

NCY makes a variator that allows you to get a few more miles per hour, but there’s nothing you can really do that will take a 150cc bike and magically make it do 80 miles an hour, where the stock top end is 64-67…. Simply because it just doesn’t have the horsepower or the torque to generate 80 miles an hour out of it. There is no replacement for displacement, you need a 300 forza for that.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Wazzycabbage
Color: Pearl white

Post by Wazzycabbage »

sorry but I have the honda pcx 125 cc in silver. and on a dry warm day ,with a slight downward slope, on a dual carriage way in the U.k. (A64) going towards Bridlington, i managed 71 mph top speed !! . so 85 , really !! ..... i.m.o. the rev limiter would kick in !!
fun2scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by fun2scoot »

Daniel F G wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:00 am...I believe the cvt is restrictive and filing the ends smooth of the disc that holds weights is a way to overcome this restriction. Can anyone offer a replacement cvt so that I can overcome this or any other restriction so that I may realize a higher top end?
Caution is recommended in pushing the belt too far beyond the variator circumference. Replacing the OEM rollers with Dr. Pulley sliders moves the belt outward just about as far as is safely possible before it rubs the inner case.
I know; I was stranded three times with three broken belts for the attempt. :oops:
Fortunately the belt's pieces did not lock the rear wheel, but the cleanup is a nightmare!
xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Post by xixon »

My 2013 PCX will easily reach speeds of 85 KMH :)

Maybe the poor boy got a Canadian model which has kilometers per hour instead of MPH