ADV150 rear shocks on 2013 PCX150

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Scooterbum
Year: 2013
Color: White

ADV150 rear shocks on 2013 PCX150

Post by Scooterbum »

Hi all, new here, from Canada. I currently use a 2013 PCX150 with 3500 kms on it to deliver food with Uber Eats, 5 to 6 hours a day, the bike is great (launches like a rocket from a standstill, leaving cars behind) but is KIlLING my back due to rough city roads. The shock does not seem to have much travel
Question: will an ADV150 shock (Showa?), or some aftermarket high performance shock be able to fit my older 2013? And in your experience does it radically alter the ride, or is it only 20% better?

I have a nagging fear that with the small and narrow tires, a shock upgrade will not perform miracles, but I really love the power of my PCX150, and its surprising stability on brief highway runs I make now and then. Rock solid at 110 kmh.

I keep seeing on Ebay all the shocks are for 2014 and up, but are they the same length, and will they fit my 2013? Or are the ADV150 shocks longer but compress further once you sit on it?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
docjones

Re: ADV150 rear shocks on 2013 PCX150

Post by docjones »

Obviously nobody is going to answer your question. I would think the Showa shock would fit but might be to tall or short for our PCX's. At a price point of over $240.00 per shock not sure if you want to find out. I'm looking for shorter shocks myself as my wife is vertically challenged.
Twinmgmt
Year: 2022
Color: white

Post by Twinmgmt »

I totally agree that the rear shock is just adequate. My wife is 130lbs ( no jokes please :) ) we went shopping and bought groceries which loaded the Givi 37l top box and loaded the helmet box. The scooter kept bottoming out and handing was terrible with rear slop. I too would like to upgrade the rear shocks. I think we may have to look to Asia for an alternative only because they have so many more aftermarket choices. Good luck and let me know what you do.
op3l
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by op3l »

My personal PCX just hast the stock springs/dampers but I've been a passenger on another scooter that had after market shocks and it rode smoother(or at least felt smoother) than my PCX. I don't know how harsh that scooter rides on stock springs but it is noticibly softer than my own PCX. I have the 2018 version with tri rate springs and even on crap roads in Vietnam it feels ok.

If you are wanting to replace the rear shocks, I would suggest going after market and getting one that was designed for your year of PCX. I would make sure to get one that has an adjustable compression and rebound setting. The compression you can set to however soft you'd like, and the rebound dampening will keep you from bouncing up too fast after you go over a bump. Will have to play with the settings some to get that right amount of cushioning your butt and spine desires.