Screen replacement

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Keith
Year: PCX 2012 now 20
Color: White now red

Screen replacement

Post by Keith »

I am trying to put a Givi screen on my 2018 pcx. I have done it on the 2012 model I had, but am having trouble with this one.
I have removed the two screws from under the front of the present screen but it is still very firm. I have looked at other instructions in this forum and they seem to say pull downward and forward to release the “grill” do they mean the current black small screen? I can not get any movement in any direction, and the tabs where the screws were prevent it being moved downward or forward.
Any help please. I do not want to prise it in the wrong direction and break the lugs.
Keith
Year: PCX 2012 now 20
Color: White now red

Re: Screen replacement

Post by Keith »

Managed to get the cowling off with a struggle, so complicated and unnecessary.

Now I find the screen I bought (£50) needs a kit comprising of two brackets which compensate for the top holes which are not in line with the screen and original holes, this cost is half the screen again(£25)

You can ‘t win, plus one of the captive threads are no longer captive and turns when trying to unscrew, had to break the original screen to remove it and now have the problem holding this thread to remove the bolt. Not figured out how to replace it yet when the kit arrives. Good job I am happy with the scooter even though I have clutch judder which I have not tackled yet.